Twice The Love, Twice The Hate. I Just Had To Fall For Twins. {3}

***Shane’s POV***

                Shawn, Type, and I walked off to our next class together. “So when did you meet that new chick?” Shawn asked. “2nd period. She has study hall with me,” I said. Shawn nodded. “She’s kind of hot.”

                Type laughed. “I was thinking the same thing Shawn.” I shook my head at them. That was all they could ever think about. How hot a girl was. They never thought about her personality. Luna seemed really nice.

                “What’s wrong Shane?” Type asked curiously. Type’s real name was Typession. We were all pretty sure his parents had just made the name up.

                I shook my head at him with a shrug.

                “Nothing,” I said.

                Shawn suddenly gasped. “Shit! I have a math test 9th period!” He looked at me with pleading eyes. “Please Shane?” he begged. I sighed. “Fine. But this is the last time!” We both knew that wasn’t true though. If he needed me to help him, I would.

                When last period rolled around, Shawn went to my class and I went to his. Luna was sitting in there with Newt. They were talking. I looked around but the teacher wasn’t in class yet.

                I gulped and went over to them. “Go away Shawn,” Newt said in annoyance. I brushed my hair out of my eyes and she glared. “Why do cheat for him Shane?” I dropped my eyes to the ground. People could tell Shawn and I apart from our eyes. They were the same, but the look in them was different.

                “He’s my b-b-brother,” I mumbled. Luna was watching us and her eyes suddenly widened. “Shane! You’re not in this class are you?” I shook my head guiltily. She sighed. “That’s wrong. You shouldn’t cheat like that,” she said.

                “Shawn struggles in math and he really needs to pass,” I explained. I knew it didn’t really make it any better, but it was a reason. “So tutor him. Don’t take the test for him,” Newt snapped. The teacher walked in and I hurried to Shawn’s seat. I did this for him a lot.

                She began to take attendance. I made sure my hair was covering my eyes. “Shawn Jarvis?” she called out. I raised my hand and she nodded. I relaxed a little as she passed the test back to everyone.

                My eyes rested on Luna. She didn’t have a test. She was reading a book. Probably because she was new here. I got Shawn’s test and began to work on it.

                The lucky thing for Shawn and I was that not only did we look exactly alike, but our voices and handwriting were extremely alike.

                I finished the test and handed it in. When the class had finished, the teacher shrugged. “You may talk quietly amongst yourselves,” she said and went back to reading her book.

                I made my way over to Newt and Luna. “Go away Shane!” Newt hissed. I shook my head at her. “Shawn,” I corrected. “I’m Shawn.”

                “No you’re not. You’re an identity confused ass hole,” she said in annoyance. I bit my lip and nervously began to play with my lip ring. “Oh, let him talk to us Newt,” Luna said with a friendly smile.

                I nervously returned the smile. Maybe it would be safer for Luna if I just stayed away from her? She could just ask Newt, after all. The consequences of hanging out with me. Being my friend. Getting too close to me.

                I shook my head.

                No, no I shouldn’t be thinking like that.

                They were giving me odd looks. I shook my head again, making it look like I was just trying to get my hair out of my eyes. “You’re going to get caught if you do that Shane,” Newt said simply. Oh crap. She was right. I quickly flipped my hair back into my eyes and glanced at the teacher to make sure she hadn’t seen.

                Shawn and I would get in a lot of trouble if we got caught switching places like this. I had to be careful to make sure we never got caught. After all, we had lasted this long switching places.

                And this whole, twin-switching-places thing wasn’t just to help Shawn. He would help me if I needed him to. I didn’t like to fight, so Shawn would fight for me. People thought it was me.

                I glanced up and saw the bell was about to ring. I played with my lip ring nervously again as I watched Luna and Newt giggle.

                “Luna, do you want to hang out after school?” I blurted and mentally beat the shit out of myself. Dumbass! I was such a dumbass! God she was going to laugh at me and make fun of me and-

                “Sure!”

                …Never mind.