The stars (Gotham; Selina Kyle x reader)

Ok like this show is my new obsession now ???
Gotham; Selina Kyle x reader

You sat on the roof, looking down at the lively streets of the city. Even thought it was pretty late into the night, there was still so many people walking down the streets. You looked up at the sky and to your surprise you could still see stars twinkling brightly even with all the light and smog in the air from the city. You started humming a song to yourself, staring up at the as you feet dangled childishly from the side of the skyscraper. You never heard anyone come up to the rooftop and you never saw anyone on the rooftop when you first got there, so you assumed you were alone. So obviously you were quite startled when you hear a voice behind you.

"The stars are pretty, aren't they?" A voice whispered right next to your ear. You probably would have fallen right off the building if it weren't for the tight grip this stranger had on you. The stranger kept you steady as you balanced yourself again. You took a deep breath and turned around to look at the stranger who had almost killed you but also saved your life. Her hair was slightly shinny from the fluorescent signs littering the street below, her eyes glowing much more intensely, though you couldn't tell if it was the street signs or if it was just your mind trying to make her seem even more like the goddess she is. You hadn't realized that you were staring at her, studying every inch of her face. You were stuck in your own world when you realized she said something along the lines of "are you ok kid?"

"I... Cool glasses..." You mumbled a response. You mentally cursed yourself for saying the lamest thing ever but the stranger seemed to be amused by what you had said, evident by the small smirk on her lips and her slight eye roll. Then if what you said before was lame, then what you said next what next level lame. You asked her if she came here often, which seemed like a lame attempt at flirting but you had never actually seen her before and you come to this place every day. So then you started blurting out your excuse. "I mean it's just that I've been coming here for half an hour every day at ten and i've never seen you before. So I was just... Uhh yea..."

"It's two in the morning." Was the only response you got from this mysterious girl who was now sitting right next to you on the ledge of the building. Your eyes widened at her words. Your parents were going to kill you. You hurriedly grabbed your bag that what right next to you and tried to turn to get off the ledge but the mysterious girl held a tight grip on your arm, like the two of you have known each other forever and you were leaving for good. You looked over at her and got captured in her twinkling eyes, again. She talked again after a few seconds of just staring at each other. "It's already really late, what's a few more minutes going to hurt?" You probably mumbled something about going home for her to be able to tell you needed to leave or your emotions were literally an open book, either sounds reasonable. You smiled and set your bag back down and she let go of your arm, letting her hand fall down your arm and landing right next to your own hand.

"Have you ever kissed a girl?" She asked as she leaned dangerously close to you. On instinct you leaned in, too, getting close enough that you can feel each other's warm breath in the cold city air, but not close enough for your lips to actually meet. The two of you stayed like that for a few seconds, neither of you making the first move. You felt your heart beat faster in anticipation. "Do you want to?" She asked and you nodded slightly before she finally connected your lips. She tasted sweet, like chocolate and candy. She smelled just as sweet. You felt her hand softly rub the back of your's and her other hand slowly moved over to the back of your head and held your head close to her. She slowly started moving away from you, keeping her hand on your's. It was a sweet kiss that ended much too soon. You were disappointed to feel her lips leave your's but you didn't want to ask her to kiss you again and end up seeming weird or something. You watched with a confused look as she got up and hopped back onto the roof of the building, picking up a bag as she walked across the roof.

"Same time tomorrow?" She called to you as she stared climbing down the building. You called back saying that you couldn't wait. You looked back over at the street as you heard slight taps of her boots on the metal stairs, just as quiet as when she came up. If tomorrow night would be anywhere near as great as tonight, you wouldn't dare miss it for the world.

A/n: This is a story that I had almost finished for a long time. By no means am I actually starting to become consistant and upload more recently. Also yea I'm really obsessed with Gotham rn because like it's actually great and the gays are everywhere and like some of the gays are canon gay and I feel like it's just an Oprah show like "ur a gay. ur a gay. ur all gay!!" and I'm just really happy about that. Anyway, yea so i'll be taking requests from characters from Gotham now, too. Also sorry this didn't have any plot I was just kind of writing it just because I could and honestly cities at night are my aesthetic so.