Peppermint hot chocolate (Paladins; Skye x reader)

Paladins; Skye x reader

You hugged yourself in an attempt to warm up a little in the freezing streets as you waited for your friend Skye to come out of her apartment. You had a huge puffy coat on that made you look like a marshmallow. Your body was warm enough to not freeze to death. Your were able to see your breath in the cold air. The scarf around your neck and bottom half of your face made your glasses fog up as you breathed. You always tried your best to stay warm even when it wasn't that cold outside. The snow falling down slowly made a pretty scene but also meant that if you didn't brush snow off every five seconds it would end up sticking and melting on you. You dreaded having to wear wet cold clothes so you made sure to get rid of the snow building up on your jacket whenever you could. You felt envious of the infamous fashionable lesbian, Skye, who never seemed to be bothered by the weather. She can wear thin clothing in the winter, and layers in the summer. She wears whatever is 'in' while you prefer to not get frost bite or heat strokes. 

"You're looking a little uncomfortable." Skye said, holding in a little laugh and sticking her tongue out as she walked over to you. You squinted your eyes at her, glaring daggers into her. She seemed amused by this as she put her arm around you and you instantly became warmer. Her body just generated whatever was necessary for her ensemble and the actual weather outside. She was an actual freak of nature. A mutant. You let out a happy sigh as you started to warm up a little with her next to you. She seemed to notice and completely hugged you instead of just having one arm around you. Her arms snaked around your marshmallow jacket and her face found a blind spot in your scarf and her face was right up against your neck, her warm breath hitting your cold skin. You shivered slightly but it wasn't from the cold this time. Her lips almost touched your neck and when you felt her soft lips brush against your tender skin your body instinctively curved into her. 

 You heard Skye laugh a bit at your reaction and you got embarrassed and a bit mad, thinking that she was laughing at your obvious enjoyment at what she was doing with you. You pushed her away from you and frowned at her, slightly annoyed. Her face was full of confusion as she looked at you shivering again. "Aww, _______ don't be embarrassed. It was cute." She said with a bit of a giggle in her voice. You looked at her in the eyes for a few more seconds and she seemed to get more and more disappointed with each passing moment and eventually the smile fell off of her face and she started to turn around to walk away. You sighed and ran after her after a few seconds of her walking away. When you caught up to her you bear-hugged her from behind, squeezing her as tight as you could. You heard a few giggles come from the girl you were holding. 

"That's somehow even more cute." Skye said as she turned to face you after you loosened your grip a tiny bit. Her arms rested on top of your shoulders as her face was so close to your's, her smile begging you to get a little bit closer. You did so and while your lips connected, you could feel her smile get bigger. The kiss was short, sweet, and passionate. When you pulled away you put your scarf back over your face and tried to hide in it so Skye wouldn't see the incredibly red blush on your cheeks. She always seems super chill and laid back about stuff like this and you didn't want her to see you not being the same. She suggested that the two of you meet up with some of your friends for hot chocolate or coffee or something, any hot drink honestly. You agreed to it and the two of you started walking to the nearest cafe. She linked arms with and as she texted her friends to let them know where the two of you would be. 

Once you got to the quiet hipster-y cafe you two went to your group's normal booth at the window and took seats next to each other. Skye started looking over the drinks menu as you undid your many layers of coats and jackets. Skye's eyes suddenly lit up and she turned to you with the biggest most childish grin you've ever seen and started tapping your shoulder quickly and constantly. "Peppermint hot chocolate." She said simply, and you rolled your eyes smiling at her. You told her about how one time you had a peppermint flavoured hot chocolate and ever since then she's wanted to try one but you two never found anywhere that sold the hot chocolate. She wrote down her order on the slip of paper given to each table and you looked over the menu, settling on a latte. You left the paper at the edge of the table and the waitress picked it up as she walked by. Your friends soon joined the two of you, sitting down in the empty seats of the booth. Skye saw you rubbing your hands together to try to warm them up and she grabbed your hands under the table, holding them in her's. No one seemed to notice and you were thankful for that as neither of you had told your friends about your attraction to each other yet. 

You felt Skye's hand rest on you thigh after she let go of your hand and your face got bright red but she didn't move her hand away and continued to have a normal conversation with your friends. You swear you could feel her hand slowly move up your leg as you took small sips of you latte and partook in the conversation your friends were having. After looking over to your friends after finishing your latte, the confused but unsurprised faced indicated that the two of you weren't as slick as you thought you were with your affection. You cleared your throat and looked over to Skye "So how was your peppermint hot chocolate?"