Some good can come out of math class (Tokyo Ghoul; Touka x reader)

Tokyo Ghoul; Touka X reader

You were in your both least and most favourite class. It was your least favourite class because it was math, but it was also your favourite because you got to sit next to your best friend, Touka. You sat down at the double desk and waited for Touka to get to class. She ended up getting to class late and looked quite nauseous when she sat down next to you. Since the teacher was in the middle of a lesson and you couldn't just ask her if she's ok, you made a mental note to ask her about it when the lesson was over. The teacher seemed to talk forever and there was always the kids who asked questions that lead onto other lessons and then questions after that that lead into yet another lesson, so it was nearly half way through class when you finally got an opportunity to talk to Touka. You turned over to Touka, who didn't look any less in pain than the beginning of class.

"Touka, are you ok? You look sick. Do you want to ask if you can go home?" You weren't going to deny that you were a mom friend, especially when it came to the friends that you really really cared for, Touka as an example, you kind of baby her. Touka nodded her head and gave you a small smile to try to show that she was ok. That all proved to be useless to convince you after she ran out of the class. Your teacher looked at the both of you confused and asked you to go after her to make sure she was alright. You nodded and chased after Touka, who had just ran into the girl's bathroom. You followed her and stood by the sinks as she locked herself in the stalls.

"Damn human food..." You were about to knock on the stall to let Touka know that you were there if she needed anything, but then you heard her speak between vomiting. You took a step back and listened to her to make sure that you heard her right. She didn't say anything else so you just assumed that you didn't hear right and tapped on the stall door. It sounded like she fell over in a panic. You stood back from the door as it opened and a wide-eyed Touka stood in front of you.

"Look I can explain, and if you won't let me do that at least don't tell anyone what you heard." Touka said in a panic and kept looking around to make sure no one else was in the bathroom. You looked at her confused then realized that you had heard right when you heard her talking about human food. You smiled at her and stepped forward to hug you. At first she tried to push you away but she then accepted your hug and let you wrap your arms around her. When you let go of her she just stared at you in shock.

"I don't care that you're a ghoul." You said with a smile. You really didn't care whether she was human or not, you cared about her. Her personality. How she would never let you walk home alone. The way she smelled when you hugged her. Just her in general. You care about her. So of course you cared about whether she was safe or not. You knew from the countless news reports that human food was not safe for ghouls to eat. "But for the love of god stop eating the cookies I make, they don't even taste that good anyway."

"But you make them and I wanted to make you happy." Touka said sheepishly and looked away from you. You didn't know that you meant this much to her before she told you this. You didn't know that she was willing to put herself in harm just so that she could brighten your day. You couldn't lie that knowing this made your heart flutter and your face darken.

"Well I wouldn't be too happy if you got seriously hurt or even died just because you are a cookie. So just stay safe and you'll be making me happy." You scolded her. Wow. You really were the mom friend. You crossed your arms and didn't really expect anything to happen and didn't know what was going on when Touka leaned in close to you. You dodged her and looked at her apologetically "I'm so sorry but you just threw up. How about we continue that later." You suggested. Touka nodded and looked away, blushing in embarrassment.

"We should probably go back to class." You said awkwardly and turned away to walk back to class. You checked behind you as you walked out of the bathroom to double check that Touka was following you. When you got back to class the teacher smiled at the two of you and you looked at the board to see things that you hadn't learnt yet all over the board. Well you're going to need to look that up on trust old Google tonight. It only took a few more minutes until the bell rang and you and Touka walked out together. You gave her a smile as you walked your separate ways to your last class. You wanted to talk to her more and ask her questions about being a ghoul but you didn't want to accidentally offend her and neither of you would want to skip class. But at least you always walk to that coffee shop with her after school. You can always talk to her then. You sat through your last class of the day and met Touka outside of the school. You decided not to ask her about it just so that you didn't make things awkward. Instead you just hung out with the always-expanding friend group at the coffee shop.

A/n: I'm at a wedding rn and its really awkward because people who I don't know are telling me that the last time they saw me was when I was a baby.