Chapter 21: Promise.

Beep... Beep...Beep...

 There was a sound in the pit of blackness. It was the first one I had heard in a while. It was urging me to wake up. I couldn't feel anything. I couldn't move. I searched for my hands my feet, anything, everything.

I couldn't even find my eye in the black hole that was my brain.

Come on Veronica. Come on!

 I was getting no where, so I stopped and listened to the things around me. I heard my own breathing, footsteps in the distance, and someone else's pained breaths.

Crying?

Who could be crying?

Focus Veronica!

 I listened again until I heard the beeping that had made my mind wake up. At first, I couldn't hear it, but then the sound filled my ears. I focused on that until I found my eyes.

I willed them to open. They felt so heavy. Like after you had been woken up when you're really tired. Finally, they opened.

What was all I saw. White walls, white ceiling, white.

I could hear the crying again. It was coming from my right. I Looked.

There was a person sitting there. They were hunched over with their head in their hands, I could see the sobs run threw their body as they continues, not noticing I was awake. The sound was heart breaking. It was a hopeless sounding thing that continued to carry on and build in sadness.

What was wrong?

"Why are you crying, Kyle? " My own voice asked- sleepiness laced throughout it.

At my voice, Kyle's head shot up. He had circles under his eyes that were rimmed with red. Those green eyes held so much sadness. What could make him cry and hurt so much?

Once he saw me, there was a new emotion behind the sadness.

He gasped at me and stared as if I had a third eye. Then he threw his arms around me.

"You're awake! You're awake! You're awake!" He repeated joyfully!

What was going on here?

 "Yeahhhhh" I said, dragging out the word in confusion. "And so are you?"

I reached out to hug him back. That's when I felt all of the tubes hanging from my arm. I gasped at them and felt pressure on my nose. I reached up to feel a tube in my nose. I looked over and saw clear liquid pumping into me.

I heard that beeping sound once again. I looked over again to see a heart monitor that had spiked up to the way my heart was now beating.

"What the hell??"

"You're alright. Calm down."

"Calm down?! There's something going into my arm and I have no idea where I am! How am I supposed to stay calm??"

"If you don't calm down, I wont tell you"

That made me settle down at once. Kyle waited until my heart was back to normal to tell me. He pulled up the chair right next to my bedside and slid his hand in between the bars next to my bed.

"Where am i?" I asked opening my hand so he could hold it with his own.

"St. John Hospital."

"How did I get here????"

"Ethan came over. I was trying to handle it when you came down, trying to protect me. You were doing well until you walked up to him. He punched you in the face. It was so fast, I couldn't stop him. You kinda fell back and hit your head on the ground. Really hard. You started to bleed rather bad." He said.

I reached up and felt where I remembered feeling the pain that day. I'm sure there was a mark there from it. I'm sure that it killed Kyle to look at it.

"You were knocked out... before I could get to you or Ethan, he kicked you."

That's when Kyle started to get choked up again. I needed to know the rest of the story. I rubbed his hand with my own and I waited in silence.

"You stopped breathing. I ran over to you to check you out. I performed CPR on you right away. I didn't stop until the ambulance came. Austin grabbed a hold of Ethan so he couldn't get away. Alli called 911. Brandy came over to see if you were okay and she started to cry. I was crying" He admitted. "The cops came and took Ethan to jail. They would like to speak to you. I couldn't go with you in the ambulance because I wasn't family and I'm just your boyfriend. From what they told me though, your heart actually stopped a few times and you were losing a lot of blood. They rushed you into surgery and gave you a blood transfusion. They got your heart restarted. You have 10 staples in your head and 3 broken ribs. You've been out for 2 weeks, Veronica. When they brought you back to life, you went into a coma. They said that you might not come out of it. I've been here everyday and I've only slept at  home 3 times. I wanted to be here if you did wake up. The doctor came in today and said that you showed no signs of ever being able to come out of it. But here you are. And I am so glad that you are here. I have no idea what I would do without you." I saw a tear slide sown his face and I wiped it away and lifted his chin up so I could see into his eyes.

"You would have gone on and been happy. For me. But thankfully we don't have to live without each other." I told him. Kyle leaned up to kiss my forehead and then my lips.

"I couldn't have been happy because I cant be happy when the girl I love is no longer in my life." He whispered.

I looked up at him.
"Love?" I asked

He nodded.

"I Love you, Veronica."

"I Love you too, Kyle." 

"I am so glad to finally be able to say that to you." He told me

 Ask he spoke I reached around to feel my staples.

"They'll come out in a few days." He told me.

I looked at him. In that moment, I knew how lucky I was to even be here. I knew that this was something I would always remember and that I would have to work at everyday to try to get over. I saw that I wouldn't have to do it alone. I have Kyle and Austin and Alli and my family. We would all work at this every second of every day until I was better. I really don't know if I actually ever will be better, but at least I know that there are people that love me enough to stay by my side.

"I'm really glad that you did too." I told him. "Thank you for staying by my side and waiting"

"I would stay by you forever."

"Promise?" I asked

"Promise"

Authors note

Well, this is it guys. The book is finally over! I am so happy to have finally finished it, but also really sad. Its gonna be so odd not having these characters running through my head and such. i want to say thank you all for reading this and sticking with me even through all of my non update times and such. You guys really make my day when i see that i have a new read or new comment. I never thought that anyone would read anything of mine, but you have proved me wrong. You all really rock. I would love to hear what you guys thought of this book. Even if you have never commented, please share.I dedicated this book to a great girl and one of my friends that i have made from Wattpad. If you could go and show her love that would e great. She has had some great ideas for this book and she is amazing! Anyways i would just like to say thank you to all the Shutterflies. You guys are the best and i cannot get over that. I love you all so much

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Comment, Vote, Share, Fan

xoxo

kisses , Momma shutterflie

Shelbie