Chapter 20

He came back for me... I knew that he would! He was here to drag me back to hell even if I was kicking and screaming. He doesn't care as long as he gets what he wants. If  Kyle wasn't holding on to me right now, I would have thought that I was dreaming. I wish that I was dreaming.

"You told me that he wouldn't come back for me! You told me that he would just quit and leave. But he's here and he's coming to get me" I wailed.

Tears sprang up into my eyes and rushed down my face without me being able to control them. I was digging my nails into Kyle's arms so hard that I saw the indents I was making. Kyle pulled my arm away and held me out at arms length, wiping the tears that were just replaced by more and more. It was a steady flow running down my face and soaking into my shirt.

"I won't let him take you away from us- from me. Stay here, please. I'll go down and take care of this. I don't want you to get hurt in this mess like you did last time, okay?" Kyle said to me in a low voice.

He waited until I nodded just the slightest bit. It felt like my neck was on rusted hinges. I could feel the percents of Austin and Alli sitting behind me. Kyle gave someone a stern look from over my head, then turned and was out the door within seconds. I stayed frozen in my place. My heart was just racing in my chest at a speed that I didn't even know it could beat at, My stomach  was in knots and if I had anything in my stomach, I knew that it would have been on the floor by now, and my head began pounding once again. I reached up to rub it.

I was scared for Kyle. I knew what Ethan could do and I had the scars to prove it. Kyle just had a taste of what Ethan could really do and that's what scared me the most. He was going to underestimate him. Everyone did. I can't just sit here and let Kyle get hurt. Ethan could beat me to a bloody pulp all he wanted, but when it came to the people I care about, I was not going to stand by and watch shit happen.

I felt myself reaching for the door before I actually knew what I was doing. My feet hit the ground at a slow walking pace. I could here the voices of the two boys. They hadn't even noticed me descending to them.

"Just go home Ethan! There's mo need for this" Kyle told him. I could tell that it took a lot of control for Kyle to keep his voice as calm as he was. I could see a vein on his neck pulsing from anger.

"No. You have something that is mine and I want it back. I'm not leaving until I have her"

"Why do you even care about here? You just hurt her. She is one of the sweetest girls that I have ever met and I don't think that she has done anything to you to make you beat the4 snot out of her. And even if she did, A man should never lay his hands on a women. A real man wouldn't..."

"So what? You saying I'm not a real man?"

"He didn't say it, but I will" I said, speaking for the first time. My voice sounded a heck of a lot stronger then I felt inside. Both heads shot to my direction.

"You're not a real man, Ethan. You never were."

"Look who finally grew some balls! Little Veronica, How cute!" he sneered

"Just leave, before the cops come here."

I saw something cross his face. Worry maybe?

"You wouldn't!"

"But I would. I'm tired of this."

Just then, a little figure stepped out from the passenger's side of the car. The too- skinny looking figure slithered over to right behind Jacob and she hung on his arm. Her curly red hair was wildly blowing in the wind, yet I couldn't see her face.

"BABE! You said this wouldn't take longggg!" A high pitched voice whined. I knew that voice.

It was Brandy. Ethan shook her off, fast.

"I thought I told you to wait in the CAR!!! He screamed.

Brandy flinched back and dropped his arm at once. So this is who she was cheating on Austin with. What a small world it was. She couldn't have known that this was my ex. But I couldn't help but wonder how long that had been going on. She stepped a few feet away from Ethan. This was my chance to get a good look at her.

Her skin that once had some sort of color was now pale and almost translucent. She had dark circles under her eyes and she looked like she hadn't slept in 3 days. Her hair that once had shine was now dull and frizzy. Her eyes were sunken in to her head.  She had a busted lip that was just starting to heal. There was no blood, but you could see the bright red that was showing on her dull, chapped lips. Her already slim figure was now even smaller. Her clothes hung loosely on her. It looked like one strong wind would pick her up and blow her away. She had lost weight and a lot of it.

It was almost like looking into a mirror to the past, to a year ago when that was me. Back to a time when I was shaking from the constant fear. Back to a time when I was so scared to eat, and when I did, I would throw up. Back to a time when I was so caught up in love and pain, I couldn't leave. Back to a time where I was in an abusive relationship.

I shook my head and turned back to Ethan.

"Leave. Don't come back. You need help. You can't control me anymore. I won't listen and I won't back down. I'm tired of being scared. I'm tired of being hurt and I'm tired of you! Why don't you just pack up your things and leave, before the police do come? Because if they do, they won't be as forgiving as I am." I told him, walking up to stand in front of him. My voice was calm and I just stared him down. "Leave."

That's when it happened...

With blinding speed, Ethan's fist made contact with my face. The pain was instant and hot. It tore across my cheek and I could taste blood in my mouth. I couldn't hear any sounds, just a ringing in my ear the kept getting louder. I felt myself stumble back a step or two. I was fading into blackness once again. I knew this feeling. But then there was another pain. It exploded across the back of my head and it didn't dull. Not until I faded into an eternal blackness.

Authors note....

I am sorry guys that i have been so out of it lately. I have been dealing with some personal things and i have mid terms coming up soon. I have been really stressed and have had a few break downs but im alright now. I have been dying to write this. this is the second to last chapter of this book. I will save the rest of that until the next chapter which i will be updating today. I would also like to take this time to say something that confuses me. If you are someone that reads my book, why not follow me? you dont have to but i just dont get it. Either way, i love you and i am so happy that you have stuck threw to read this. anyways I love you all and i would love to hear your comments on this chapter! I also changed the name from Jacob to Ethan just in case i didnt catch all of them

kisses

Shelbie