Chapter 10: Damn Phones

Veronica's POV***

"I can't get this glitter off of me!!" Kyle said, dusting himself off.

"Come swimming with me then?" I asked, heading out the door to the dock.

He thought about it for a minute.

"Alright, ill be out," He said with a smile.

            With that, I went out to the dock. It was almost 3:30 in the afternoon. Soon, Allison and Austin will be here. I was excited that my best friend would finally be here with me, but also a little sad. I like spending time with Kyle like we have been. He is so sweet and so funny. I have a great time whenever I hang out with him. I physically sighed.

"What's the sigh for, cutie?"

I turned around to see Kyle in his swimming trunks. He looked a bit worried.

"Oh, nothing."

"You sure?" He asked, sitting down next to me.

I Nodded and gave him a smile, "Yes, I'm sure."

He gave me a look then gave me a small hug.

"What was that for?" I asked when he pulled away from me.

"You just looked like you needed one."

*** 

We were swimming around for about a half hour when Kyle challenged me.

"I bet you wouldn't jump off of the dock into the water."

"What?" I asked, surprised.

"I dare you to jump off of the big dock."

I narrowed my eyes at him then looked at the dock. "Fine," I said, swimming over to the ladder. I hauled myself up and hopped on the dock. This was the dock that everyone would fish off of and it jutted out of the water quite a bit. 

Kyle followed me up to the top of the dock. We both looked over the edge. It was a little higher up than I thought it was. The water was deep enough, yet I was still nervous about the jump.

"I don't think I want to do this, Kyle; it's too high up." I told him, backing up.

He thought about it for a second, He looked down too.

"How about I jump with you?" he suggested.

I hesitated, "I don't know..."

"Come on. Ill be right there with you," He urged me.

"Ugh! Fine!"

 He smiled and knelt to the ground. I jumped on his back. After that, he stood up, and then walked to the edge.

"Hold tight."

I did as he said. I wrapped my legs tighter around his waist and my arms more secure around his neck.

"1," he said.

"2" I replied. I could feel his hands grip my lower thigh to keep me tight.

"3" he said.

Then he jumped. I shut my eyes and held my breath. I could hear myself let out a squeal and a giggle bubbled up from my throat.

Seconds later, I felt the cooling water around us. I let my legs unwind from Kyle so I could help him kick us both to the surface. My hair fell around my face. Once we broke through, I breathed in the air, and then put my legs back around him. Tossing back my hair, i let out a small laugh