Chapter 6: Can You Feel The Fight Tonight?

Kyle's POV****

It's been a month and a half since Veronica moved in. She was great! She was one of the easiest people to get along with. Sharing a bathroom with her didn't totally suck. She kept the bathroom fairly clean, aside from the hair that seemed to be over everything all at once. it was a little annoying, but I could get passed it. We hung out often, getting along really well. I enjoyed spending time with her and her company was welcomed.

Alli, Veronica and I were sitting on the couch when we had heard yelling from upstairs

"You're cheating, Brandy! I know you are! I caught you! Give it up!" Austin bellowed.

I could see Veronica jump from the sudden noise and Allison's head snapped up and towards the stairs. She seemed to be the one that was listening the closest. I craned my head to the side, leaning my ear to the stairs. 

""He's just a friend!" she whined back, the end of the word going up an octave or two 

"Oh, really? A Friend saying he wants to have sex with you? A Friend saying that he wishes you could get away from 'that dead beat boyfriend you hate'. You're  sleeping around with someone else and I don't want you living in my house! You hear me?"

"YOUR house? It's my house too!"

"Actually, No it's not. I bought it! I Let you live here! Get your things and get out! I want you out by tomorrow night!" He instructed her.

"You don't mean that, baby."

"Yes I do. Pack. Now"

"You're such an asshole! I can't believe this! I can't believe that you'r kicking me out! I didn't do anything wrong. You have been so distant lately! I thought you loved me?"

"That was before you became a slept with someone"

"Ohhh!" the tree of us whispered. Brandy glared at us. Veronica gasped and tried to hide a smile.

"You think this is funny, Little Bitch?" She spat.

"Actually, yes"

Al of our heads whipped around to look at Veronica. We all couldn't believe that she had just uttered those words at the wicked witch of the west.

"You're the reason this is happening!"

"No, Honey, I'm not. You are. You changed and thought that you were too good for Austin. You thought' Hey I wont get caught'. Well you have another thing coming to you.  You did this and you did it all by yourself. You don't deserve him." Veronica said calmly.

Brandy's jaw dropped. She had nothing to say.

"Goodbye," Veronica told Brandy with a smile on her lips and waving her off.

Brandy screamed and stormed off.

"That was so fricking great!"

"Thank you," Austin said, hugging her.

She hugged him back, nodded and smiled. It was about time that someone told Brandy off. I laughed. Brandy came down the stairs, but said nothing. She had tears streaming down her face. Good. Bitch Deserved it. She went out to get boxes then went back up without so much as a glance at any of us. I held my hand out toward the couch for Austin to sit down. I was on the end with Veronica next to me. Next to her were Alli and Austin.  We could hear Brandy upstairs moving things around. She moved quickly and quietly for the most part. We all but forgot about her, turning to watch a movie.

We decided to turn on The Lion King. We all loved Disney movies. Alli and Veronica had like all between the two of them. No wonder why they are best friends. 

When that part where Mufasa died came, the girls had teared up a little bit. I held back a chuckle. Brandy finally came down and looked at us. Then, she  said. 

" Ill pick up my things tomorrow."

We hardly looked up at her. She waited, but when we didn't say anything, she stormed off and drove away. It was getting late. I didn't realize that I was tired until I fell asleep. The last thing that I remember was hearing the beginning of " Can You Feel The Love Tonight."

            When I woke up, I felt pressure on my side. I looked down in the dark to see that I had someone lying up against me. It was Veronica. Next to her, Alli was passed out. When I looked closer at Veronica, I noticed that her eyes were closed. Her breathing was slow and even. She was sound asleep. I smiled at that. Alli's head was on Ronica's lap and her legs were slung over Austin. Austin's head was back and I saw that his mouth had slack. He had his hands on the bottoms of Allison's legs. They all breathed in evenly in there sleep, but at different times. I looked at the clock and cursed under my breath. 1:03 Am. How was I going to move? If I woke up one of the girls, they would both be up. I didn't want to disturb them. I sucked in and tried to slide out from under them. As soon as I did, Veronica stirred and snuggled in closer to me. I cursed again.

"Austin!" I breathed.

He breathed in and his head snapped up. He looked around and then saw the situation that we were both in. It's not like I had a problem with this. I mean, It was nice having the feeling of someone being cuddled against me. She was warm and soft. I smiled a bit. Her face was smooth and calm. Her breathing came in deep, easy pulls of air. She was actually very cute.

"Just, I'm going to pick Allison up and carry her to her room. You do the same with Veronica. Try not to wake her," Austin told me.

He carefully picked Alli up and cradled her. Once he was up, I mimicked him. I carried her up to her room, laid her in her bed and covered her up. I smiled at her as she turned on her side, curling up. I walked out and across to my room. I got into my pajamas and slid into my cozy bed. My last thought was how great this day had turned out to be, even after The Fight.