Chapter 4: Single Ladies!

Veronica's POV**

"So, what do you want us to move?" Kyle wondered.

"Well, Basically, all of these boxes," I said, pointing.

They looked around and I thought I heard a gasp. I mean, it wasn't that much. Maybe just 35- 40 boxes... I laughed at them.

"Oh come on boys; it's not that bad. You have a moving truck to put it all in and even then, I'll help too. Until we get to the house that is. The is all you guys," I said with a wink.

They gave me a groan. I told them that we needed to get moving. I went over to grab a box from one of the piles. I was not looking forward to taking this up two flights of stairs at the house. Maybe we could just create a make shift elevator.

One by one, or sometimes even two by two. Not all of them were so light, but we made it. We finished after about 37 minutes of straight working. There were a few boxes in my car , but just six. We planned to go to the house, unload, and then go out to eat with everyone in the house. We wanted to do this to get to know each other and to grab something because we were starved!

***

We had just finished putting all of the boxes upstairs into my room. My bed was already put together, so I would have something to sleep on tonight. I made my bed and sat down on it to rest. I still needed to unpack all of the boxes that we had just lugged up here, but we needed to eat.  My muscles ached from all the movement. I rubbed my neck and rolled my head. 

I have yet to see Brandy. I guess we were waiting for her to get here. She would go with Austin in his car, and Allison and Kyle would come with me. I didn't mind that at all. They were really nice to me and I already liked spending time with them. Alli and Kyle were opening boxes, Austin cleaning, and me hanging things up on my wall and in my closet. When we heard the door open downstairs, we all froze.  Austin smile. He went out of the room to go get Brandy.

"Some things you should know about Brandy...'' Alli started, "She's a very... Strong person"

I felt my heart skip a beat. What does that mean?

"Yeah, she might need some getting used to," Kyle warned. 

At this point, my stomach was in knots. 

Austin came up with a red headed girl behind him. She wasn't super gorgeous. However, she wasn't a bad looking girl either. Her hair was around shoulder length and red in color. It was straight and was blown out. The soft hair fell around her face, framing it in a complimentary way. She had dull blue eyes that seemed to not have much sparkle. She was taller than me. Even a little taller than Alli. She was rather skinny too! Se had little definition between her shoulders waist and hips. I gave her a smile and held out my hand.

"Hi, I'm Veronica. You must be Brandy."

"Yes, I am. Veronica, What a pretty name."

" Thank you"

 Alli came up behind me and pulled me closer to the door.

"Come on! I'm hungry. I need FOOD!" She whined

I laughed at her and grabbed my keys, "Kyle and Alli, come with me"

We walked out to the cars. Alli had called shotgun. Kyle groaned.

"NO FAIR!"

"Children, children! Stop fighting, Or else we will stay home! Kyle you can have it on the way back if you are good." I joked with them, taking on a motherly tone. He pouted.

"Fine,"

I laughed at that. He is too cute! I could already tell that he would be a good friend.  

Alli turned on the Radio. We all had a similar taste in music, which was good. We were all laughing by the time one song was over. After it was over, I plugged my Phone into the audio jack. I had everything from country to rap on that thing. Finally, we got to the restaurant. It was actually nice, very cute. We all got out of the cars and walked into the joint. We sat at a round booth to which, I sat in the middle of everyone, right in between Kyle and Alli. Austin and Brandy were on the other side of the table.

"So... Tell us about you," Brandy said.

"What would you like to know about me?" I replied

"Anything."

"And everything," Alli chimed in.

"Well, I am almost 21 years old. My Birthday is June 13th. I finished school. I can speak French. I studied it all through school. I currently working, mostly during the day. I really don't have any friends any more. I never was close to anyone in high school or in my college classes. Uh... I am only 5'2. I used to be one of the tallest people in my grades school, but I just never grew after that! I love animals and I am a big talker once you get me going," I told them.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Alli blurted out. Everyone just stopped and stared. "What? She's pretty! You have to!'

"No, No boyfriend, Sadly, I haven't for a while now."

I looked down at my hands for a second and swallowed hard.

"Well, that's good! Now I have someone to pick up guys with." I looked up and laughed at her, giving her a high- five. The boys just rolled their eyes. They just didn't get it! We single girls have to stick together!