Chapter 7: Promise?

Veronica's POV**

I woke up in my bed. I smiled and snuggled under the covers more, closing my eyes. Then I remembered that I didn't walk to my room yesterday night. How the hell did I get all the way up into my room and in bed? I threw my blankets off of me and looked down at myself. I was still wearing my clothes from yesterday. I tried to think. The last thing that I remembered was watching The Lion King on the couch.

***

I had woken up once. I remember someone's arm around me. I had a hard time opening my eyes because I was so tired. It was toward the middle of the movie. I closed my eyes again after that. It was Kyle. I didn't need to look at him to know. I smiled to myself a bit. It felt nice. I cuddled up to him a bit more and fell back asleep

***

That was the last thing that I could remember. Maybe one of the boys carried me up here. The more I thought about it, the more it seemed like it was true. Oh well! Time for a shower. I walked into the bathroom and turned the shower on. I made sure to lock the door before stripping down and climbing in.

The shower was nice. The water washed away all the grim that I felt stuck to me. It woke me up and I felt clean. Comfortable clothes for the day. It was colder outside; raining. When I finished the shower and putting my make up on, I went downstairs and into the kitchen. I thought that I would make some coffee. I sat on the counter and waited. Allison came rushing down the stairs and grabbed a big to go mug. She poured the fresh coffee into it, mixed her flavoring and headed for the door.

"Where are you going?"

"Work!" she shouted as she closed the door. I stared at the door for a minute. Austin was at work. I found this out because he left a note taped to the fridge. Brandy wasn't allowed back in the house without Austin. That left Kyle. Where was he? I decided to text him.

"Hey! Where are you? Everyone's gone and I'm all alone!"
I waited. My phone goes off

"Hey, I'm getting some food for us. I'll be home soon. Everyone went to work?"

"Yes and yay! Pick me up my favorite drink?"

"Sounds good! You'll love what food I'm getting for us," he responded.

"Alright, see you soon."

I sat down on the couch with my phone. I turned on the TV to try to pass the time before Kyle got home. My tummy rumbled, "Shh! Kyle is bringing food!"

I flipped threw the channels until I found SpongeBob. My mother really wasn't that big of a fan of this show. She thought that it was stupid. I, on the other hand, loved it. It was one of my favorite shows. It was so childish, but I didn't care. The show was just about over when I heard keys in the door. I jumped up and whipped open the door.

"Welcome home." I chirped.

Kyle handed me my drink and set a big, pink box on the island in the kitchen. I took a sip of my drink. It was so good! My favorite is an iced caramel macchiato! Yum!

"Mmm! Thank you! It's yummy. Do you want to try some of it?" I asked holding it out to him. He leaned his head forward and put his lips around the straw.

"It's really good. Try mine?"

I smiled at leaned over to take a sip. The slightly sweet liquid hit my lips and over my taste-buds. It was cold and refreshing, yet still had a bit of a bitter taste. His was actually good, but I liked mine better.

"Okay i'll admit it. Yours is good too. I'm hungry. You said you brought me food?" I asked him. He laughed and pointed to the box.

"Yes, I bought us doughnuts."