Chapter 5: The Red Headed Predator

Kyle's POV****

Gosh, moving sucked! Veronica had so many damn boxes! Why did girls have to have so much stuff? It seemed like the boxes just kept coming and coming. Lugging them up all of the flights of stairs was killing me.

 When we finally finished hauling everything up to her room, I fell to the floor. I could feel my heart hammering in my chest. Man, I was out of shape!

"Uh- Ah! What do you think you are doing, Peasant?" Alli asked.

"Uh... Resting?"

"Oh no you don't! We have boxes to open for the new princess of the kingdom" she explained, taking a regal pose in front of Veronica.

I groaned, hoping Veronica would save me ; She just played along.

" Come my good sir," She said, clutching her neck as if she had pearls there. She motioned me up with a slight move of her hand

"Yes M'lady," I said bowing on one knee before her. She giggled and patted my head.  Her giggle was a musical sound. It was almost like hearing wind chimes chime or hearing some sweet music play through your ears. I returned that with a smirk and rose from my knee. I grabbed the box cutter to tear the tape open. Veronica seemed like she was a very cool girl. She was normal... Well, as normal to me as you could get. We got along with her well. I was nervous about Brandy. She was... Well... different lately. She was bitchy and didn't even want a new roommate.  She told Austin to just forget about the room, use it for storage. Like that would happen. 

Since she started dating Austin, she seemed threatened by every girl. Any time a girl even so much as breathed in his direction, she would snarl her lips up. If looks could kill, half the population of our town would have killed over. Austins has never, nor will he ever cheat. Brandy was always checking his phone and stuff. No wonder she couldn't keep a boyfriend. She's crazy! She is going to freak out Veronica. Don't get me wrong, Brandy was pretty. But Veronica was Gorgeous and beautiful. That would not sit well with her.

We were all doing things when we heard the door open downstairs. We all seemed to stiffen for a split second. I couldn't believe how quick the tension seeped in. Austin put on a semi- fake smile and went down to get Brandy. We took this time to warn Veronica. She deserved to know who this girl was as well as how to deal with her 

Brandy came up the stairs and looked Veronica over. She seemed to be sizing her up like an animal does to it's prey before taking a lunge in. She smiled. We held our breath; they shook hands. We all breathed a sigh of relief. This is where the one sided pissing contest began. Brandy could make anyone squirm, but Veronica was looking good. Alli saved us and pulled Ronni to the door.

 I had not realized how hungry I Was. We drove to a place to eat and all sat down. Everyone started asking Veronica questions. One came up that caught my attention.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Alli asked.

stares

"What? Shes Pretty! She has to!"

She is pretty. She had to have one. Damn.

"No; No Boyfriend. Sadly, I haven't for a while."

This was a shock to me, yet, I said nothing. Good. One less girl I had to worry about getting her heart broken. And even if she did, I'd have no problem kicking someones butt for the cutie.

****

Dinner went really well actually. Brandy was nice and the food was good. Veronica offered to pay, but we all said no. I paid . I didn't really mind. I had a little extra money and i wanted to make a good impression on Veronica. Austin shot me a look, which I pretended to not see.