Chapter 9: Glitter and Water Guns

Kyle's POV***

            When I woke up, I didn't remember where I had fallen asleep. I Breathed in and felt something weighing on my chest.  I let my eyes open slightly to see Veronica. She was still breathing in and out evenly. I smiled. I didn't move or try to get away. I was perfectly comfortable. I almost forgot what it felt like having a girl to cuddle with me. It felt nice.

            I had slept rather well for being in a couch. It was nice not having to have to wake up to go to work or anything like that. I could hear the water crashing along the shore and the dock. I glanced around the room. From where I was, I could see the water. There was hardly and waves out today: Perfect to go out on the water or for swim. That made me wonder if Veronica has a boat around here somewhere. Ill just have to wait until she wakes up to ask her. Then I remembered Veronica. I glanced down at her. Sometime during the night, she had turned to face me; however, her face was in my chest right now. She looks so sweet and little when she sleeps. Without even thinking, I pulled her in closer to me. She wiggled her head slightly, adjusting to the new position. Once she was comfortable again, she smiled slightly in her sleep. I smiled to myself and rubbed her back a little bit.

            What time is it, anyways? I had to crane my neck to see if there was a clock around. After a few minutes, I finally found one. It read, "11:07 AM". Wow; we had slept in late. I didn't know if I should wake up Veronica or just wait for her body to wake her up. I'll give her 10 more minutes. If she's not up by then, I'll have to wake her.

            Before 5 minutes had even passed, she started to stir. She groaned and stretched out her legs. She rubbed her eyes, before they fluttered open. When she saw me, she smiled.

"Well, Hi there," she said softly.

"Hi. Did you sleep good?" I asked back.

"Yes. Really good, actually,"

"That's good. I'm glad," I told her while I started to stroke her hair. Once I noticed what I was doing, I stopped.

"Sorry," I mumbled, letting go of her.

She nodded and got up "I'm going to go shower and stuff. Then we can get started with the day."

I agreed and watched her walk to the stairs. When she got to the bottom, she stopped. She also turned her head slightly.

"You don't have to be sorry. It felt nice," she said softly before making her escape to the second floor. I stared at the place at the bottom of the stairs where she had just been. Did she really just say that? She did, didn't she? That made me smile for some reason. Why did that make me smile?

            Veronica's POV****

I knew right when I woke up, that I was still lying on the couch. I was perfectly happy lying with Kyle. And then opening my eyes to see his smiling face...

            I shook that thought off. I was now trying to get dressed after my shower. I picked out a cute red bikini to wear under my clothes today. I knew that at some point in the day, I was getting in that water. Over the top of that, I put on one of my favorite pair of jean shorts. They were plain, but comfortable and cute. I also put on a simple shirt that had art on the front. It was longer in the back and shorter in the front. The front came just above my belly button. Kyle was already ready and waiting for me, keys in his hand.

"I thought that it would be a good idea to go get something to eat. Even though we slept through breakfast." He explained.

He had a point