British Bird - Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

"Sang, there's a few other things that we know, that Johnny told us," Sean says.

I stare at his handsome face, wondering what he could possibly tell me. Then I remember, I haven't told them about my mother dying. If I'm honest, that isn't overly important. I don't care for the woman, and never have. "What?" I whisper.

"We know about your mother," he says and I nod my head.

"I was just... I just thought of that," I mumble.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Sean sounds hurt. And if I'm honest, I feel bad, but it just never crossed my mind and I tell him that.

"Her funeral is Monday. I got the text from Michelle this today... yesterday." I look at the clock and see that we are in fact into Wednesday, so it would be yesterday—Tuesday—I got the text from Michelle. "So much has happened these last few days."

Before either of them reply, I hear the front door open. I turn on my heel and leave my room, walking down the hall as the rest of the guys file in. It looks like they literally rolled out of bed with their mused hair.

Seeing me, Victor walks straight towards me and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me in for a hug. I take it, linking my arms around him and burying my head in his chest over his coat. "I've got you, Princess," he whispers in my ear. I can only nod my head in return as I inhale his berry and moss scent.

"Everything okay?" Kota asks.

"We've been talking about Michelle," Sean tell him. "It's been an emotional night."

Victor's arms tighten around me and I tilt my head up, pressing my nose to his jaw as I ask in a whisper, "Did Sean and Owen tell you?"

He's silent for a long time before nodding his head. "Yeah, Princess." So they know about everything, and in a way, I'm glad Owen and Sean told them because I'm not sure if I would have been able to sit through all of that again. "We're here now with you, always. I promise."

I don't say anything in reply. I just close my eyes and hold on to him tightly.

"Does she know we know?" Nathan asks, almost hesitatingly. I won't point out that I'm in the room—or hall for that matter, as that's where we're all still standing.

"Yes, Sang does. We were actually just discussing that now," Owen says.

"And she knows about Marie?" Luke's questions.

I frown and pull away from Victor, searching out Luke. "Who's Marie?" I ask.

"Oh, shit," Gabriel mumbles, looking at the wall like it's an interesting painting as he fiddled with his earrings.

"Idiot," North adds, slapping him round the head.

Luke's eyes widen. "Ah, I thought they told you."

"No, Luke. We hadn't gotten that far," Sean says with a glare in his direction. "Thanks though."

"Who is Marie?" I ask again.

Owen clears his throat and my eyes focus on him. His face is completely emotionless. I'm not sure if I'm going to like what he's about to tell me just by looking at his face. "Sang, Marie is your sister."

I stumble back, the shock of his words almost knocking me over. Victor catches me from falling back into the wall. My head spins are I repeat the words over and over in my head. "What? How? When?"

"I think the best person to explain it to you is the person that found all information on her." Owen pulls his phone from his pocket. "Let's call Corey Henshaw."