twenty one

Allison

My plane landed about fifteen minutes ago, I grabbed my belongings and headed to the car parking lot, I left my range Rover here. It was night time here, not necessarily but it was dark. It gets dark during winter by like four pm five. I got into my car, sitting in it debating on who to apologize to first, but I knew that I wouldn't sleep tonight if I didn't go to the one who really deserved the biggest apology.

Jack.

The drive wasn't as long. And soon the road to his house was blocked off, my heart in the put of my stomach as I had seen an ambulance and many other police vehicles. I put my car in park unbuckled quickly jumping out the car as they placed a body into the ambulance.

"Excuse me ma'am but your-" "oh God no!" I cried as I had seen blood on one of the many officers gloves, "what, what happened!?" I asked, anxiously. "There seems to have been a fatality here." The officer says. "A what?" I ask I felt a shiver rake over my body, that was full of pain "there was a break in and the couple in the home, along with a male visitor, we're here at the scene that later turned into a shooting and they all were injured, except for one who didn't make it." The officer explained "identified as Samuel Wilkinson." The officer read off a paper.

"who?" I ask again, my knees buckled and suddenly everything around me blurred as I felt my heart ache at the name that slipped off of her tongue. "Samuel Wilkinson." She repeated I left out a cough as tears filled my eyes but never fell.

I saw as they pulled a body bag out from the ambulance. My heart completely in pain. This was way worse than our break up or friendship almost ending. Sammy, my Sammy was lying before me in his own blood soaked clothes.

He wasn't smiling, he wasn't speaking, he was their. Lifeless. He wasn't reaching for my hand to wipe my tears stained face or hold me or keep me from the ground. I wanted to switch places with him so bad because no one here wanted me anymore.

My best friend who held all of my secrets was no longer going to be walking the same earth as me. He wasn't going to let his son, his son. Grow up into a young man. That crushed me. His son was just born not to long ago and here his father lied.

They put the bag over him as I fell to my knees the officer trying to catch me but as hard my knees hit the ground, I didn't feel the ache, the pain in my chest was to immense.

"Sammy!" I suddenly screamed as the placed him into the ambulance I stayed as the officer rocked me and my tears fell. What was he doing here in the first place!?

I quickly pushed the officer away trying to get myself up running to my car leaving to the hospital.

+

I cried silently as I heard Jack was in surgery along with Kelsey. They were lucky to live.

"Ma'am can I offer you some coffee.. anything?" A nurse asked me. I shook my head as I sat crying. Suddenly feeling warmth sit next to me. Arms wrapped around me as I heard soft yet heart breaking sobs.

"I'm so sorry" I hear stassy then cassidy, as they hugged me. I only sobbed. "Sammy Wilkinson!" I hear from the entrance. His parents. "Mrs. Mr.." I couldn't say it. They turned to me her heart breaking as my tears poured.

"I'm so sorry." I walked to hug them and they quickly accepted me into their arms as she began to cry. "He.. he was.. Sammy-" I choked on my words. "He's gone. He died before any one could do anything to save him." I sobbed as I felt his mother collapse onto the floor and I kneeled down to hug her and cry with her. I hadn't repeated the words aloud until now, Alongside his dad broke into tears.

"My baby" she sobbed as I heard stass' and Cassidys cries.

"I'm so sorry" I cried holding her wishing to stop her hurt and know Sammy was still going to walk the earth.. but he wasn't anymore. His time had finished here. I was completely broken, my lover and friend is gone. I couldn't believe it.

Suddenly Katherine came rushing in. Then followed by David and two other set of parents, I'm guessing Kelsey's.

"Oh dear god, Allison." Katherine said "what happened?" She asked "there was a break in," managed to say. "Th-the-they- Jack.." I hadn't yet wrapped my mind around it all. I couldn't get nothing out anymore because I was crying uncontrollably.

_

I hugged Brianna as she sobbed into her hands. We told her just after the doctor gave the explanation of his death to her. All she did was collapse and I couldn't help but hold her. She just had there baby. Now he's gone..

+

It had been a few hours now, Jack was being placed in a room to be able to be seen. I wanted to see him so badly.

"You may see him now." A doctor spoke as we nodded "Allison dear," Katherine spoke. It stunned me because I thought she hated me, "yes?" I say "go on and see him first." She spoke I nodded doing so.

I entered his room my heart aching more as he lied still on the hospital bed, all the machines connected to him. I let out a cry before nearing him. I took his hand in mine, as tears left my eyes.

"Jack.." I whisper, "I'm so sorry" I cry, "I left with no goodbye. I'm so sorry I broke your heart, I'm sorry I'm so sorry please, stay fighting for your life." I say "Allison." I hear, lifting my head quickly to meet his eyes. He wiggled his hand out of mine

"Jack-" I say,

"What are you doing here?" He quickly asked "I came for the holidays.. and I went to see you to apologize but..." I quickly stopped as my heart tugged Sammy "what happened?" He asked harshly "what happened why am I here?" He repeated "You don't.. remember?" I ask him remembering the sight..

"Wh-" he hissed in pain "don't move" I tell him, "you were shot.. you, Kelsey and," I stopped seeing my vision fog "Sam?" He said as I squeezed my eyes shut. "What's wrong?" He asked as I nodded "th-" "are they okay?" He asked cutting me off "Sam was killed.." I say trying my hardest to keep myself together still. "Kelsey is in recovery. Just Sam.." I whisper "I am so sorry" I shook my head.

"Allison," he said "I want to say-" "don't," he paused pulling his hand away again. "Leave if you can." He said "hear me-" "no. Go back to wherever you came from." He seethed "Jack" "you cannot leave and return to my life as if you did no damage. I don't care why you left or what you needed to do, don't think you're welcome here. Leave and leave me alone." He said "please just listen-" "I don't care to listen anymore."

My heart aching more, "don't please," "leave or I make the doctors show you your out." I began to cry. Sam is dead, and Jack hates me. But I don't blame him.

"I said to fucking leave!" He seethed "I j-" "I don't fucking care! Fuck, you're not going to fucking do this to me, you aren't. Leave and don't come back. Honestly Allison, I don't care anymore." He said emotionless I did as told and left.

Instead of going back to the front, I told a nurse to I form his parents I had left and I did.

I hated today more than anything else, and myself as well.

I did this to myself with Sam and Jack.

I cried silently leaving the hospital to find my way home.
_

____

I hate myself. This ending sucks. I'm sorry