35. Gone.

*Time skip brought to you by Sassi!*

This episode takes place in 5x20. Enjoy! :D

💚💛💚💛

_____________________

Cress followed Scott, Liam and Deucalion through the long stretches of darkened corridor. They made a final right turn and stopped when they had approached a teenage boy, weakened and laying on his stomach as he tried to move.

The teenager turned to glance over his shoulder and Cress felt her heart stop when she saw it was Theo.

"You lied to me." Theo grunted angrily, curling his lip as he managed to turn himself to lean against the wall. "You and Scott." Theo weakly panted for breath as he glanced from Scott to Deucalion.

Cress founded herself grateful that Theo hadn't spotted her. She couldn't admit it but she cared for him more than she should.

"That's right, Theo." Deucalion hummed, slowly approaching and crouching beside Theo who attempted to recoil away. The blind wolf pulled his shades away from his face to reveal his large red iris surrounding his cloudy pupils. "The whole time."

When his eyes opened again, his injured eyes had been strangely replaced by a soft blue-green iris and a perfectly usual-shaped pupil.

Theo's nostrils flared and his jaw twitches as a fury surged through him.

"Well it never worked." Theo said viciously, his expression cold.

"It could've worked." Deucalion said with mock reassurance. His voice quietness as he murmured something else to Theo, which Cress and Liam couldn't quite hear. Deucalion abruptly reached out, twisting Theo's head to the side and snapping his neck, causing a violently guttural snap.

Cress gulped, watching miserably as Theo's body went still and for a short moment, Cress fear he wouldn't heal.

After a small moment, his bright eyes twitched and his brows furrowed, his expression filled with agony.

"You broke my neck." He grunted, his voice shaking and his breaths were loud and unsteady.

"And good luck with that." Deucalion smirked, standing back up to look down on the injured boy.

Cress's eyes never left Theo's and for the first time, he noticed her there.

His eyes softened when he saw her but soon he closed them as he winced against the pain.

Cress could faintly hear Deucalion explaining to them where they might find Lydia, but Cress simply couldn't focus.

"Let's go." Scott urged quietly, as he gently grabbed Cress's arm to guide her away. She reluctantly let herself be walked away and she managed to tear her eyes away from Theo; but only with great effort.

As the four werewolves walked down the dark corridor, a gunshot was sounded from behind them, followed by a pained grunt from Deucalion as they all spun around.

"This just isn't my time." Deucalion wheezed, slowly sliding down the wall as he clutched the bullet wound in his stomach.