16. Attacked

Chapter Sixteen:

Brett ran through the chain curtain and with all his strength, shoved Lucas as far away from Mason as he could. He transformed wolf, his eyes glowing a bright golden yellow.

"Run!" He sneered through gritted teeth at Mason as Lucas struggled to pull himself up. Mason stumbled back a step when he saw what Lucas had become. Lucas' eyes glazed over and transformed into; eyes completely black, like he was possessed and he had spikes coming out from his skin.

Lucas jumped to his feet and ran at Brett. Lucas thrashed an arm towards Brett, who dodged it with ease. Brett slammed his body into Lucas who fell back into a metal shelf behind him. Grunting, he got back to his feet and kicked Brett backwards. Lucas wrapped one hand around Brett's neck and shoved him into the shelf, pinning him as tightly as he could.

Brett grabbed onto the bars behind him. Growling, he kicked his feet forward, causing Lucas to stumble back. He regained his footing quickly. Lucas extracted his claws and slashed at Brett, who jumped back and dodged it. Lucas pushed Brett into the shelves again, but this time, when he slashed his claws, Brett couldn't avoid it. Lucas ripped his claws, not too deeply, into Brett's chest, causing the wolf to fall.

A loud growl came from the chain curtain. Liam. Liam ran, full speed and full wolf, straight into Lucas. Lucas spun around so that Liam was pinned backwards on a table. Liam yelled and knocked his head into Lucas'. It didn't hurt Liam but caused Lucas to stagger back with surprise. Lucas hissed and placed his knee beside Liam's stomach.

Lucas raised his clawed hand and began to dive down to slash into Liam. Liam raised his hand and caught Lucas' forearm. A soft but angry growl made them all pause for half a moment. Cress. She ran, rull speed, straight into Lucas, knocking him off Liam. Liam jumped to his feet and ran after Lucas, grabbing him away from Cress.

Lucas slammed his elbow into Liam's chest, making the wolf stumble back. Cress jumped to her feet and ran at Lucas. Because of her general clumsiness, she hesitated slightly, giving him a chance to slash at her stomach, leaving a relatively large cut.

Cress gasped as she processed the pain. She stumbled back, one hand at the wound.

"Cress?" Liam sneered, eyes flicking from her to Lucas.

Scowling she pain, she fell back against a shelf. She sat back against it and winced as the pain intensified.

Lucas began walking towards her. Liam dived in front of her and shoved Lucas back. Lucas grabbed at Liam and harshly kicked him in the stomach. Hissing, Lucas shoved Liam back towards the shelves. Then grabbed him by the shirt and threw him at the table. Liam grunted as he felt the impact shudder his body. Liam attempted to get up, but Lucas rushed at him and pinned him down.

Scott and Kira burst into the room, eyes wide with terror.

"You're a little late!" Liam growled. Scott dived at Lucas. Kira pulled her belt, allowing it to turn into a sword. Once Lucas had freed Liam, the wolf spun around a bar and kicked at Lucas. Lucas stumbled forward but threw Scott to the ground to take the most impact. Lucas spun on Liam. Lucas kicked at Liam, causing the wolf to fall down in front Cress who grumbled something inaudible.

Kira stepped forward and slashed her sword at Lucas. Lucas dodged most of it, but Kira put up a good fight also. Lucas paused, looking at the group.

Brett half sitting against the shelf, while Mason applied pressure to the wound. Kira, Scott, Liam, who all stood, ready to fight until the end. And Cress. Cress, who sat back against the shelf, one hand on her wound. Cress. Currently, the weakest. Lucas was smart enough to realise this.

He turned on the injured girl and leapt towards her. Liam, one step ahead of him, dived at Lucas. With as much strength as he could muster, Liam slammed the back of Lucas' head into the concrete floor. Liam breathed something before the life drained from his eyes. Lucas' eyes turned back to normal but he didn't move.

The group stood still, panting as they watched him. The only one that moved was Kira. Her armor lit up and her eyes glowed fiery orange. She ran towards Lucas, sword raised.

She screamed something Japanese, and posed the sword to dive down into Lucas' skull.

"Kira!" Scott half growled, half screamed. He grabbed her wrists to stop her from taking off Lucas' head. Kira jerked her head towards Scott. When she saw the look in his eyes, she stopped. Her fox armor faded away into the air and Kira's eyes returned back to their normal state.

Kira stepped back, fear growing in her eyes.

Scott turned to look at everyone. "Is everyone okay?" Most of them nodded, but Scott's eyes fell on Cress. "Cress He murmured. They all hurried to her, as her eyes closed and her face turned into a wince from the pain.

"Why isn't she healing?" Brett asked, as his wound healed.

"I don't know." Scott said, placing a hand against her forehead. She whimpered quietly and dropped her head.

"We should take her to Deaton's." Kira nodded. "Liam and Brett, can you do that?"

The boys nodded but was interrupted by Scott. "We need to move him first. Liam, help me."

Liam nodded and grabbed the legs of Lucas, whilst Scott grabbed his arms. They both jerked back as an incredibly long needle pierced through Lucas' back, puncturing through his heart. A whirring, like from an old fan, crept into their ears.

Everyone jerked their heads towards where the new noises were coming from. Three figures, all dressed in metal cloaks. With masks — like Malia had said.

"Why did you do that?" Scott asked, fear cracking his voice.

"His condition was terminal." One of them grumbled. None had mouths, but the sound seemed to come from all around them.

"What does that mean?" Scott yelled.

"He failed." One of them said. A flash of sparks flew across their vision and when they looked back, the figures were gone.

After minutes of heart-crushing fear, Scott spoke up. "Kira, you and I'll take Lucas to the hospital. Liam, Brett, you take Cress to Deaton's."

Everyone nodded and scrambled to their assigned jobs. Kira and Scott grabbed each end of Lucas before rushing out with him. Liam knelt and lifted Cress into his arms. She cried out with pain, squishing her eyes closed.

"Sorry, Cress." Liam soothed. Brett cracked open the door, as Liam carried Cress out. Mason hurried to follow behind as they old got into Mason's car. Mason drove. Brett passengered. Liam sat in the back, Cress' head resting on his lap. Awkwardly, he stroked her hair, trying to comfort her.

"Is she gonna be okay?" Mason asked from the front seat.

Liam shook his head and looked back to how deep the wound was. "I don't know."