1. Origin

Chapter One: 5x01

On a bleak stormy evening, as ominous grey clouds settled over Beacon Hills and distant thunder hastily rolled through the mountains, Sheriff Noah Stilinski sat in his car and sighed outwardly, his nimble fingers absentmindedly drumming along the leathered steering wheel. He listened to the crackled weather warnings and traffic reports from the car radio as he inspected the line of traffic stretched out ahead.

Cress, the Sheriff's adamant daughter, stood tempestuously on the roof of her father's police car, scowling peevishly through narrowed brown eyes as she searched for a phone signal.

Inside the car, Noah set his jaw and rolled his sharp green eyes in vexation, grimacing when metal roof groaned under Cress's weight. He craned his neck out of the window, gawking up at his distracted daughter. "Cress, get back inside the car please."

Exhaling sharply, Cress subsided and hopped effortlessly from the car's roof and landed steadily on the asphalt. As she gracefully regained her impressively composed stature, she pulled her black jacket tighter around herself, hunching her shoulders against the harsh wind. She glanced around, first to her right where people torpidly filed in and out of their cars with a low buzz of worried chatter floating around.

Her dark eyes soon found themselves upon the broad shoulders of a teenage boy, who was frowning down at his phone. His gentle blue eyes slowly diverted upwards towards Cress's face, his scowl faltering for a moment.

Cress blinked promptly, her breath hitching in her throat and a blush creeping into her face as the boy stared at her. Cress had to admit; he was attractive — compared to most guys at Beacon Hills High for sure.

He gave a kind grin as he raised his home, giving a small shrug of his shoulders. "I'm not getting a signal at all."

Not knowing what else to say, she lamely responded with, "Me either." She blinked and stiffened at once, wincing with embarassment as she heard the words fall from her own damned mouth.

What a stupid thing to say.

He lowered his head, chuckling softly. Cress wide-eyedly watched each facial movement that moved across his stunning features.

Okay, he's gorgeous.

What surprised her the most is that she somehow seemed to recongize his scent. It was painfully familiar, but she didn't seem to have any recollection him.

Sherif Stilinski knocked his knuckles against the glass window, snapping Cress away from her thoughts. She tore her eyes from the boy and turned, peering down into the car where her father watched her expectantly with raised eyebrows. Turning back to the boy for a small moment, the two teenagers exchanged a friendly smile and nod of farewell before she climbed back into the passengers seat.

"You sure you're supposed to be going to this thing?" Noah inquired sternly as he stared ahead, drumming his index fingers along the steering wheel.

"It's for seniors." Cress shook her head, eyes still focused on the new kid ahead. "I'm just going because I need to borrow Lydia's math notes." She chewed at the inside of her cheek as her father gave a simple nod.

"I have to go back to the station later tonight so tell Stiles I said to drive you home." Sheriff Stilinski grumbled as he focused on the standstill traffic ahead.

Nodding knowingly, Cress tapped her leg as she waited, exhaling a loud lungful of air. "This is taking far too long." She muttered impatiently, kicking open the door.