Chapter 22: Baby

When he left I discarded the clothes he gave me, instead took my stinky old clothes from yesterday to put on for the mean time.

I wore my old clothes towards my room and took a refreshing shower. Putting on some casual clothing ready to leave, I took my phone and texted Soohyuk's parents that I would like to meet them today.

Surprisingly, they agreed even with their hectic schedule. 

I also called mom and dad to meet me at the same place I'll be meeting with my in-laws. 

Preparing some documents inside my bag, I took my stamp and some needed things to bring. I didn't dress much, just tied my hair into a bun that complimented my neck. Plain white shirt and a chiffon skirt, which doesn't suit each other, really. 

My nose smelled the scent of complete breakfast as I made my way down the stairs. The crispy sound of bacon frying on the pan sizzled, and the table was being prepared by Soohyuk.

I sighed deeply before taking the last step of the stairs. I looked at Soohyuk who was busy preparing for breakfast for one last time. He wore an apron that topped over his robe making him look bulky.

I realized somehow that... if I really love him, then I should've thought of what he really wanted in the first place. I shouldn't have been too greedy to force him to marry me even though he told me he has other alternatives for my father's debt.

I actually dug a whole into my own grave. Now, I think it's not too late to turn things around. A small smile painted my face, "I love you." I whispered, looking at him who changed places to the kitchen, flipping some bacon and egg.

Before I knew it, he was looking at me suddenly. And I immediately shook my head and headed towards the shoe rack.

He furrowed his brows and followed behind me. My eyes were panicking as I look for my sneakers, feeling Soohyuk's upcoming questions.

Aha!

I took them and hurriedly placed my bag down in order for me to put on my shoes.

"I made breakfast, where are you going?" I felt something strange in his voice.

I mono toned my voice as much as I can, not letting him see how I totally feel, "Just out."

He was confused, "Just out?" Soohyuk walked to block the entrance door, crossing his arms. "You're all dressed and dolled up and you're going to tell me that you're going... just out?"

I sniffed some burning food as I tied my shoe laces, "Something's burning, flip it." I didn't want to look at his eyes.

He shook his head and sighed, "You haven't still seen the news yet, have you?" His voice was stern, his looks at me.

I shook my head and sighed, "The food's burning." I repeated again, but he managed to ignore.

He angrily took out his phone and bent down to show me an article, "Look."

The phone was right in front of my eyes, but I ignored.

"Dang Minjung, LOOK!" He raised his voice and because of fear, my eyes averted to look at the freaking news article.