Chapter 8: Family Dinner

He leaned closer and closer as he placed lipstick on my lips. Zeroing the space, our foreheads touched and he was breaths away from my lips.

My heart beats too much and started to palpitate, so to prevent the palpitation, I pulled my head back. "Soohyuk-ssi..."

He stopped, looked straight into my eyes before calling me "Honey..."

My eyes widen. "Ho-Honey?!" I furrowed my brows.

He said nothing and just looked at my face for seconds. I felt heat rise up my cheeks and I blushed, my whole face like a tomato.

He blinked, "Looks like we wouldn't need blush-on's." He joked.

I pouted my lip, "Stop teasing me and giving me the wrong idea." I sulked a bit.

My husband looked back at the make-up he has chosen again as he chuckled deeply. My eyes followed what he was going to take, and ended up taking an eye shadow palette. "Close your eyes." He commanded.

Of course, I obeyed.

I was waiting and waiting, but it took a bit long before he touched my lids with the pad of his finger. "I'm just contouring your eyes, no need to worry." He informed me.

I replied, not moving, "Okay."

I let him finish what he needs to finish and just stayed quiet.

I was actually quite surprised when he started a conversation, "I'm impressed with the house..."

"Hmm?" I was confused.

"I mean... you really made it look like we're so madly in love with each other." He chuckled deeply and I was happy.

Aren't we really in love with each other?

Oh, wrong... I forgot, I was the only 'one' in love.

I sighed, "Of course I had to make it like that, they're expecting us to be, even though we're just forced to marry."

He replied with just a huff.

It took a while, but he at last told me to open my eyes.

"How do I look now?" I asked.

He furrowed his brows and narrowed his eyes, "There's still missing-- Oh." He snaked his hands behind me. I was getting surprised and shocked for the whole day, but I still let him.

I swallowed involuntarily. 

A hand of his held my back, and his other hand then reached for my hair. He curled his fingers around the rubber band and gently pulled it out. My hair then loosened and fell down my shoulders, wavy.

"Hey..." I tapped his chest, "Why did you take it out?" I sulked.

He spoke objectively, "You look more stunning with you hair loosened up." He told me this while he looked down.

Even though I knew it was just a plain joke, I still blushed and forced myself to stop my smile.

"Oh... and one last thing." He leaned close again, placing his hands on my shoulders. He pinched them lightly and pulled the Pashmina away.