Chapter 21: Death for Snow? I Think Not

Start from the beginning

"I'm going to tell you abut where I'm from." She said coolly. I nearly gasped. Why would she broach such a taboo topic?

"I was born in Provence Nine, which is notorious for how it treats its Sacrifices, second only to Provence Thirteen. I lived with my mother, father, my older brother and my older and younger sisters. When I was eleven, the Government came to my door. They wanted me as a Sacrifice, but my family refused to let me go.

"After a month, the Government came again, but not peacefully. They barged in and killed my older siblings and my parents when they still refused to comply. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to run, but I still had to look out for my younger sister, Kylie." Kallen paused, sighing. "The Government... they threatened to hurt her, the one remaining member of my family, if I didn't go."

"So I tried to strike a deal. I go with them, and they let Kylie go. I thought that they'd keep their promise, but they lied. Kylie is with the Government now, and they treat her well. I guess I'm lucky though, Kylie hates the Government." I felt my weary gaze soften a bit. I didn't understand why Kallen had told me this, but if she told me her past, it was only fair that I told her mine.

"I lived in Provence Thirteen." I began. I could see the four sets of glowing eyes that gave my Wolves away, but I continued. They had a right to know as well. "I lived with my mother and my father. I was an only child, so I had no idea what it was like to have siblings. I had a best friend, by the name of Bellatrix, who I was very close to."

I sighed and continued. "When I was ten or so, a man in a white coat came to the door. I opened it and he asked for my mother, so I asked him to wait outside and then I went to get my mother. I don't really know what happened after that, but my mother and my father just... gave me away to them."

"They were promised riches, I assume. Thirteen was very cold, and it snowed a lot. During the winter we often had blizzards, and during the spring it rained. In the summer it was nice, and in the fall it was always foggy. "

"After I became a Sacrifice, I began Training. I didn't like it, and my only motivation to become silent was that I couldn't let anyone know how hurt I was. I couldn't show weakness in a Provence where you had to be strong and look out for yourself. We often had 'unofficial' Sacrifices, because many times during the year citizens became restless and would begin to riot and cause trouble."

"Sometimes I could go outside, mainly because I was being Sacrificed, or other times when I escaped for a few moments. It was always cold..." I sighed and looked at the moon, basking in its pale glow. "I don't know why they chose me. I never stood out... ever. I always made sure not to stand out, to blend in better than anyone else, to simply be mediocre. My friend, Bellatrix, never talked to me after I was taken away. I never saw my family again either."

Kallen looked at me, a certain warmness coming from her. "I'm sorry about what happened to your family. It's too bad that we live in a world where things like this happen, but I guess we're fortunate as well. Because of this, we can see the world for what it is. We know our actual Government, and we can deem whether or not, if we ever have a new Government, which system worked better." I said, finally finished. I looked at the four pairs of glowing eyes.

"You can come out, you know. I can see you. You've been there for quite a while." My Wolves (now the size of normal wolves) trotted out, before sitting a respectable two or three feet from me. Hail bowed his head, gently. I sniffed, still angry with him.

"Hail, I know that you're sorry. So I accept your apology, because I know that you're genuine. However, I won't have you shouting at me. It's not something that I'll allow. I'm the Alpha, you're not." Hail nodded his head, his hazel eyes glowing happily. "I'm sorry that I snapped at you like that. You hurt me, but that hurt wasn't uncalled for. You were just looking out for me, and I should've been a bit more thoughtful about it. However, I didn't exactly choose to push myself. I won't have my Wolves being hurt because of me."

Hail barked happily, running in a small circle around me, before setting his head in my lap. I scratched behind his ear, making his tail wag quickly. I looked up as Aaron walked into view. His clothes looked dirtied and slightly torn. "Why are you all beat up?" I asked.

Aaron sniffed in distain. "Ask your damned Wolves."

"What did you guys do?" I asked, sighing. Aisu sighed before answering. 'He attacked Hail, so we protected Hail.' I glared.

"You attacked Hail?!" I shouted.

"What? No! I mean yes, but I didn't attack attack him..." I fumed.

"Aaron?" I asked, shaking with rage.

"Y-yes?" He asked, stuttering. 

"Don't touch my Wolves, and don't talk to me." Aaron began to speak, but I waved my hand in dismissal. "Seriously... Unless you have a death wish." Aaron sighed.

__________________________________

Hey guys! October here! I finished this on my dad's PC (I HATE using PC's...) so don't blame me for anything! I hoped you liked this new chapter! I'm thinking of having another character's POV in the next chapter, so tell me which one you'd like!

Until Next Time,

October