Chapter 16: The Pack is Always There

Nerr grew frustrated as she continued to try to heal Aisu, but failed each time. "Nerr?" I whispered, "What's going on?" I reached out to touch her shoulder.

"Shut up!" Nerr shouted. I recoiled and shrunk back. Frost shifted from his wolf form to his human form.

"Don't shout at Mistress Snow! She's not hurting you!" Frost stepped in front of me, shielding me as I clung to him.

"...Look, I'm sorry Snow, but I can't heal him." I dug my fingers into Frost subconsciously.

"Frost, there has to be a way to save him." I crouched down to Aisu. "Aisu, what do I do? Tell me, please!"

"Summon... Hail." I frowned.

"The weather?"

"The Wolf." I nodded. "And Mistress?" I looked down at Aisu. "I can't die while you're alive." I smiled.

I murmured the necessary words as I drew the star on the ground, the red vibrant against the snowy forest floor. I sighed with fatigue. 'You're right. This does take a lot of energy, Aisu.' I looked up to face the two Wolf/humans in front of me.

A boy with hazel eyes and light brown hair stepped forward. 'My name is Hail, Mistress. I'm a medic.'

A boy with dark brown hair and golden eyes stepped forward. 'My name is Sleet. I deal with magic.'  I looked pleadingly at the duo.

'It's Aisu... please, help me.' I thought.

'Of course, Mistress.' Hail thought, making his hands glow as he approached Aisu. 'This will only take a few minutes.' I nodded my head, my eyes closed.

I was so tired. I wanted nothing more than to curl up into my namesake and sleep forever. The white fluff fell from the sky, adding a dusting to everything in sight. I slumped forward, before stopping myself from falling by putting out my hands.

'Mistress!' Four voices called. I shivered from the cold.

'...Yes?'

'Don't fall asleep, not just yet!' Hail said urgently.

'But it's so... comfy out here. Just a little nap. Just a second.'

'No! Mistress you can't sleep now! If you do you might not wake up!' Aisu said. I whimpered.

'Just a second,' I pleaded, 'Just an itty-bitty little nap.' Arms came under my shoulders and hauled me to my feet. "Please." I murmured. "Just a tiny nap."

I cracked open my eyes. Aisu was on his feet, glaring at whoever held me. I writhed a bit and gasped before doubling over and crashing to the ground. "Ugh..." I groaned. Aisu sat me up and forced me to lean backward onto a tree trunk. The gash on my stomach was deeper than I had thought.

"When?" Aisu growled.

"When I jumped in front of you." I said with a faint smiled. "Still don't regret it." Red was pooling.

"Hail!" Frost shouted.

"C'mon! You guys don't have to! It's fine with a bandage and what happened to the cut on my leg?" I asked. How was I so easily distracted right now?

Nerr grinned. "Healed it when you weren't looking." I nodded my head at her.

"Thanks."

"I can't heal you stomach right now though. That needs to be healed right away." I nearly glared.

"You couldn't side with me just once, could you?"

"Nope." I pushed myself upward.

"Let's make a deal." I said. 'You don't heal me, just a bandage, and I won't walk or run.'