Chapter 8: The Type of People We Are

I rolled to the side, just barely dodging Eric. I was playing with him, letting him believe he could actually touch me. This seemed to go on for ages, just dodging, jumping... laughing at Eric. I jumped onto the arm of the couch and smirked. With a giggle, I pulled my arm back and hit Eric, right in the face. Eric blinked, before snarling at me.

With the laugh of a mad man, a girl jumped in front of me. She turned toward me, then smiled. "Let me take care of this." She said, her blue-green eyes delighted. She pulled out a long sword, a katana, and charged forward, only to turn back toward me, her shaggy black hair swirling. "Let's get down to business." Eric looked shocked, and blinked slowly. He grabbed the girl's collar by the back as she ran toward me, sword arcing.

The girl jerked backward, shocked, but her katana continued to fall. I turned to look at it, amused. I blinked, and everything sped up. The katana fell, and my cheek began to sting. My eyes widened slightly. I touched my cheek, then brought my fingers in front of me.

Glittering crimson dripped from my fingers. I looked at the girl, her eyes wide. "Um..." I licked my fingers, shivering at the coppery taste. Delightful. I glanced at the girl again. I wiped my face, then took one of the twin knives from her belt. "What are you going to do?" Eric asked. I smiled slightly, then brought the knife to the girl's cheek and made a short thin cut.

Blood dripped from in, running down her face slowly. With another short smile, I wiped my thumb across it, crimson glittering on it, and licked my thumb. "Now, we're even." The girl smirked.

"I like you. The name's Nerr, Nerr Axdia. What's yours?" Nerr said.

"Snow." I replied. Nerr smiled.

"I copy magic, and serve as a medic. You?" I frowned slightly.

"I keep Archer from being bullied. " I said, my eyes narrowed. I gave Nerr back her knife, and she slid it into its sheath on her thigh. "That means if you do it, I will have to hurt you." Nerr smirked and held her hands up.

"I respect that." I rolled my eyes, when the Warrior from before popped in.

"Mistress Snow, you're wanted for questioning." I hissed.

"Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE formalities?" I hissed. The Warrior bowed.

"You're still wanted for questioning." Nerr's face lost it's humor. She coughed nervously, eyeing the Warrior.

"You should go. I heard the Interrogator, Kallen, can be cruel." Nerr smirked again. "Not that you can't handle it." I nodded.

"Would you watch Archer for me?" Nerr nodded. "Archer, stay with Nerr. If she hurts you, I'll kill her." I smiled brightly before walking toward the Warrior, a glare on my face. "Let's go... Warrior." The Warrior bowed, then walked forward, leading me to the questioning room. I was lead in, then pushed into a chair. I nearly snarled.

The room was boring. White. Completely white. My cuffs were instantly attracted to the chair, and refused to budge. No...

At that moment, a girl with golden hazel eyes and black hair walked in. "You must be Snow." She said in a monotone.

"You must be Kallen." I replied cooly. Kallen sat on the desk before me, vague smile on her lips.

"I am. My name is Kallen Starling, and I am the Interrogator. I specialize in torture. Now, I have a few questions regarding what's happened today." I sighed. "I'm going to do this the easy way. If you refuse to answer my questions, I have to force you to answer my questions. I would much rather not do that today."

"Begin." I said. Kallen looked at the clipboard in her hands.

"Why did you threaten a fellow Sacrifice today?" I twitched.