Chapter 31: The Rebels Might Be Screwed...

• Dedicated to Shinobi, the REAL person

I'd been here a month, and by some miracle, I had get to be caught. This place was driving me insane. Literally. I was constantly around my past tormentors. Everyone seemed restless. It bad been a few months since my Sacrifice.

To add to my troubles, Nathan and Aisu were constantly competing with each other. It could start with something as innocent as accidentally bumping shoulders, and they'd be at each other's throats. Of course, they'd bring me into it and I'd get frustrated and angry, which would simply fan the fires, before I'd force them to stop fighting. Honestly, I couldn't take it anymore. It was adding stress, and increasing the odds of a possible breakdown.

It would be best to avoid that.

With a stressed smile, I walked into my office at the Government. I sat at the computer, quickly noting information before passing it to it's destination. My eyes scanned everything as I passed this information along, until I had nothing left to forward.

I eyed the clock. It read 12:36, lunch, but I never ate here. I began to talk to Aisu quietly. "How much longer do you think I'll have to be here?" I asked, sighing loudly. He shrugged.

"I don't know. When they have enough information, I guess, but there's never enough of that. Maybe when people get suspicious or perhaps when you're needed in another area." Aisu replied. A soft knock sounded at the door. I opened it a bit.

"Yes?" I asked, poking my head out. I was greeted with a large smile and Nathan's sweet, pine-like scent. I grinned a bit. "Hey Nathan. What can I do for you?" I asked. Nathan looked around a bit, and after being satisfied with what the results were of his quick search of the hallway, came inside.

My office was a medium sized room, with walls that had just enough color to ward off boredom, yet not induce excitement or distraction. Someone had placed pictures on the wall of what looked like different scenes from the Government housing neighborhood.

The large computer sat on a oak desk. I had notes scribbled everywhere, along the destruction chute open on the wall. "You can't walk out with those papers..." Nathan said. I grinned. He obviously had no idea who good at this I was.

"Silly Nathaniel, I didn't plan on walking out with papers! I'd be caught that way!  I have a secret method!" I said, flashing my rare grin. I tugged down my shirt a bit.

"Then how do you plan on sneaking out the information that you've stolen?" Nathan asked, his tone skeptical, as if he didn't believe that I could do this. Was he truly that dense? I'd been doing this for a month! Of course I knew how to sneak out information without it being detected!

"It's not stealing, it's sharing! And I'm not going to tell you because you've offended me so much!" I said, feigning hurt and anger. Aisu snickered from the chair he sat in, his eyes flashing malevolently at Nathan for a second before they became smug.

"What are you so smug about, mutt?" Nathan hissed, his eyes narrowed in a deadly glare. I blinked slowly, trying to figure out if Nathan realized he'd just insulted me, as well. Aisu growled and bared his canines.

"Do you realized what you just did?" He asked, his voice dangerously low. Nathan laughed, obviously unknowing.

"I just insulted you." He said, chuckling. "Why do you seem more insanely angered than usual?" Nathan's brow furrowed as he tried to work it out. Don't get me wrong, Nathan is a smart guy, VERY smart, but I think right then that was his 'off day' moment.

"Because you insulted me as well." I said quietly. Nathan paused for a moment. I could see the gears in his mind working into overdrive to figure out how he had insulted me as well as Aisu.

"...How?" He finally asked, with a sigh. I paused for a bit, trying to figure out how I could put it into words, before I opened my mouth to speak.

"Aisu is my Beta, my Familiar. By insulting him, you are also insulting me. Aisu is a purebred Ice Wolf, which are rather rare. I have yet to see another one. You called Aisu a mutt, which is derogatory toward his ancestry, however he is MY Familiar, and therefore his form and species -if you will- is decided somehow by my background, appearance, and personality." I said quietly. "So by calling him 'mutt', a mixture of two or more species of DOG, you have also insulted my background."

Nathan paled. "Oh, God, I'm so sorry! I had no idea!" He said, as apologies flew out of his mouth at the speed of sound (A/N: LOL i don't think that words (sounds) can go any faster than that xD).

I held up a hand, stopping the continuous flow of words that spewed out of Nathan's mouth. "It's okay, Nathan, you didn't know. But now you do, so please try to refrain from insulting Aisu like that." I said. Nathan nodded with a sigh.

"Okay, Snow. Be careful. Some people here are making a connection between you and, well, your real identity. Be really careful. You have to leave tonight, okay? I'll meet you at your house. If you aren't there I'll know something is really wrong." He said, his eyes concerned. "We have to go."

"We?" I asked. "Why not just Aisu and I? Why are you including yourself?" Nathan shook his head.

"I let you down last time. I abandoned you. This time I'm going to stay right by your side." I felt myself flush a bit.

"But wouldn't that result in your status changing to that of a Rebel?" I asked. Nathan nodded.

"Yes, but that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make."  I smiled a bit.

"Okay, Nathan. You need to go, though. If you aren't careful you'll be caught yourself." Nathan winked.

"I'll see you tonight." He said, as the door opened. Some co-worker popped their head in.

"Sorry to bother you, but do you know where the main office is?" I nodded.

"Down the hall, turn left at the stairs, follow the sign. Can't miss it." I said.

"Thank you. Have fun at your date tonight." I blushed as they sent a wink my way and left, their footsteps receding quickly. Aisu rolled his eyes and Nathan left after saying goodbye.

PING! BOOM! SMASH!.... i fell asleep...

A/N: JUST KIDDING! I wouldn't do that to your guys! 0.o or would I?

ONTO THE STORY!

Ping! The computer came up with more information for me to forward. I opened the document and read it, my eyes greedy for information.

Sir,

The Marked are ready for use. The last retired Sacrifice exposed to one of the Marked displayed negative symptoms toward the Marked,  thus giving us a positive result. All Marked have been developed properly for each Sacrifice. Additional Training was given to the Marked for Thirteen and Four to prepare them for the Sacrifices of the respective Provinces.

Marked #13 has been named Blaze, and is ready for Sacrifice #13 Snow. She will be hard pressed to defeat him.

The Marked have been trained to be of equal and opposite force of their Sacrifice. They have been created to subdue and suppress all Sacrifices, however they can only use their power successfully on the Sacrifice they were built for.

The Marked are completely ready for use in battle and can be used to overpower or even destroy Sacrifices who have retained their cuffs.

The Marked shall be distributed within the hour and will be in need of assimilation.

I felt my blood turn to ice as I continued to copy all this down. The information was carved into my brain. I sent the information to their destination along with a little gift for the recipient and the rest of the network, including this computer.

The entire system went down. I grinned, but quickly began to panic as something cold and sharp pressed against my skin. "Where do you think you're going, missy?"