Chapter 17: Is It Just Me Or Am I Getting Sicker?

I groaned as I felt movement. I cracked open my eyes, finally noticing that I was riding on one of my Wolves. 'You awake?' Hail asked me gently.

'Ugh. I wish I wasn't.' I groaned. 'Stop for just a second.' Hail paused as I slid off of him and vomited into a nearby bush. I groaned as I slid to my feet. My stomach was beyond rocky. It had tsunamis in it. I doubled over, one hand clutching my stomach, the other clamped over my mouth. 'Is this supposed to happen?'

'Unfortunately yes. I don't know how bad you'll get, but at the worst you won't be able to move much without pain.' Hail murmured. He shifted and crouched down beside, holding out a strip of cloth to me. I used it to wipe my mouth, before rinsing my mouth out with water. I found a packet of crackers and ate a few, to stifle the vile taste in my mouth and to calm my stomach a bit. Hail wrapped an arm around me.

"Are you okay to travel on Wolf-back?" He asked, a slight smile on his lips.

"Yeah, I think." I murmured. Hail shifted as I climbed onto his back. 'Wouldn't it be easier to just shift into a Wolf? I can walk you know.'

'That might be better for you.'

'Then I'll get off and shift.' I wanted to remain independent while I could, and tough this sickness out until I couldn't tough it out anymore. I slid off of Hail's back and shifted as I hit the ground. My Wolf form was the size of my packmembers.

I had thick black fur, with my gray-green eyes. My ear tips, paws, and tail tip were a snowy white. I opened my eyes and looked around before sniffing in everything. "Where to?" I barked.

"Straight ahead until nightfall." Kallen said. I nodded. I dropped my nose, sniffing the ground before letting out an excited bark. 'Let's go, yeah? Everyone ready?'

'Yup.' Sleet.

'Yes.' Frost.

'Sure.' Aisu.

'Yeah!' Hail. I ran forward wondering where we were going.

"Snow why are you a Wolf?" Nerr asked pointedly.

"Because I can be one." I barked back. Nerr nodded before humming. My eye twitched in annoyance; the tune she hummed was an old, annoying folk song from Provence Seven. "Could you please stop?"

"No. Why do you have white in your fur? It makes it seem like you're sixty instead of sixteen." I growled and turned to face her. I snapped at her before turning and walking at an even, trotting pace. I snorted at the warm air as it passed through my fur, caressing my skin.

"Seriously! It makes you seem ten times your age." I sniffed in distaste and continued forward as my pack members mumbled threats under the breath in Wolf-speak. I bit back a snarl. Nerr had not only offended me, she'd also offended my pack. This wouldn't work, Nerr offending my pack. I wouldn't stand for it.

"Please be quiet. If you offend my pack I will be forced to take disciplinary action. " I hissed at her. Nerr shrugged.

"No offense Miss Touchy, but I don't really care. It's not like I haven't seen it all." My eye twitched and I froze.

"You think that you've seen it all?" I hissed. Nerr nodded confidently. I spun around and looked her in the eye. "Trust me, I've seen worse. You lived with your family until you were fourteen, right?" Nerr nodded.

"I was GIVEN when I was ten years old. You've been in two Sacrifices. I've been in six official ones, and around twenty unofficial ones." Nerr shrugged.

"I don't care. My situation? Worse. Besides, Wolves suck. Dragons are better." My Wolves all tensed. Kallen and Aaron stepped onto the ground. Aaron began to speak but I cut him off. I snarled.