Chapter Twenty.

As the weeks went by, it was finally the day of the family dinner. Stephanie was grocery shopping with Drew, picking up a few things that Stassi was missing. Stephanie called her sisters and made sure that they were still coming. Priscilla said that she was definitely gonna make it. Anastasia was coming with Jermaine and Drew was accompanying Stephanie. Lashelle, against her will, said she was going to make it with Trey. Though the two of them would be a little late.

Stephanie and Drew were taking their relationship slow and getting a feel for being more intimate with each other than just best friends. Oddly enough, it didn't feel weird or awkward. It felt...right. Like it belonged that way. They weren't girlfriend and boyfriend officially, but they both knew it was just a matter of time.

"So what's on the menu for tonight?" Drew asked her, grabbing the flour and putting it in the basket.

"Let's see. Margarita grilled shrimp for an appetizer, Chipotle chicken, macaroni and cheese, sweet carrots, broccoli and for dessert, Tres Leches cake." Stephanie explained.

"Damn, I can't wait. You know your mama's got some skills in the kitchen."

"Yeah, she taught us girls everything we know." She smiled.

As they continued shopping, Drew would mess with Stephanie by grabbing her ass or gently slapping it which led to her hitting him in the arm or the chest.

"Drew? Drew Carter, is that you?" A feminine voice asked.

Stephanie and Drew turned around to see a tall girl with ginger colored hair that flowed down her shoulder in waves and dark brown eyes. She strutted down the aisle in her ankle boots and approached them both with a smile, which was mainly directed at Drew. Stephanie looked up at Drew, who looked like he was dreading that he ran into her. She understood his pain.

"Melissa Campbell." Drew said.

"Drew Carter. I haven't seen you since sophomore year of high school. How have you been?" Melissa asked, looking him up and down.

"I've been great. Absolutely great." He replied.

"You look great."

"Thanks. Um, you remember Stephanie, right?"

"No, I don't think I do."

"Stephanie D'Cruz." Stephanie spoke up, "You and your clueless crew used to torment me and play pranks on me in high school, remember?"

"You're that Stephanie D'Cruz? Wow, girl. You must've dropped at least, 40, 50 pounds." Melissa stated, shocked.

"Uh-huh."

"Still got to work on those hips and that ass, though. Those things are massive. Maybe you should lay off the carbs." She shot at her.

"Maybe you should lay off the dick sucking and start eating some carbs. Then you wouldn't be looking like you could hula hoop with a Cheerio." Stephanie shot back at her.

Melissa raised both eyebrows and clapped her hands, "Well, well, well. Look who's grown a backbone."

"I always had one. You just weren't worth trying to fight with. I come from a family of verbal and physical savages. I could rip you apart through my words or my fists, I just chose not to. We're not in high school anymore, sweetie. You run nothing, ok?"

"Melissa, my suggestion to you is that you go about whatever you were doing before." Drew advised her.

"Aw, come on, Drew Bear. You're not still mad at me, are you?" Melissa pouted and messed with the collar of his shirt.

"You cheated on me while we were together and it was with a good friend of mine. Nah, I'm not mad. But I don't care if I ever see you again."

"You don't mean that."