Chapter 18

Courtney stayed with her sister in the city. She told her what she was doing tonight, so she wasn't too worried. With guilt tripping, Courtney made her sister promise not to tell their parents.

Courtney texted Olivia and said she was outside. It was getting dark outside, with the sun having set. Olivia walked down to the road but there wasn't anyone there waiting. She took out her phone and pulled out her chat when a car pulled out.
"Hey baaaaby, how much for 20?" Courtney asked, using the same voice as from the school parking lot. Olivia started to smile and shake her head at the girl's dorkiness.
"Any trouble getting here?" Olivia asked as she got inside.
"Not at all. You told your folks you're staying the night at my place?" Courtney drove off.
"You know, I never took you as a person who said 'folks'," Olivia claimed.
"Is there a whole sub genre of people who do?"
"Sure. I never thought you fit into it."
"Well I don't really. It just sounds less formal than family."
Olivia chuckled at her words.
"Yeah, they know," she answered. Courtney drove on.

"You ready for a high school party tonight Shayney?" Courtney asked as he got into her car.
"What do you take me for? A freshman?" Shayne grinned. "Damn right I am."
"Alright then Shayney. Set to stay at mine tonight?"
"Sure. Have the treat?" Shayne asked. Courtney had told them her plans prior to make sure no 'peer pressure' would be inflicted tonight.
"Damn right I do."

"Jamie meeting you here?" Courtney asked Olivia quietly. They trailed behind Shayne who took the lead in their path to Anthony's. They parked a little ways from his house because of how much parking he actually has. It was little space.
"Yeah. But I can still show you around. Are you drinking?" Olivia changed the subject. Courtney shook her head.
"No, considering the fact that we took my car, and as much as I trust you, you're not driving my precious car," Courtney claimed. Olivia chuckled.
"Alright cool. I won't either."
Shayne waited for them at the door. He thought about what Keith asked him to do tonight. Both watch out for them, and to watch them. See if they actually do seem interested in each other. Granted they know that Olivia's been asked by James tonight already.
As long as the rumours float around the school, maybe their speculation with the two's dynamic will stay surfaced.
Shayne watched them walk up. The girls walked side by side, but nothing to note. Shayne felt a little bad with how he felt the need to monitor them in a way. Judging whether or not they're interested in each other. He wanted to believe that they can just be good friends with a steadily growing relationship. Of course there'd be having to tell the whole school, and of course there'd always be curiosity in himself.
"Done taking your time?" Shayne questioned in a bored voice.
Inside the party, was a lot of people. Not exactly the whole school but a lot. Most were holding their disposable cups full of whatever they felt like having. Music was playing in the background somewhere.
"Welcome to a popular kid's party," Shayne turned and smiled smugly to Courtney. She nodded along as she looked around inside.
"Oh yeah? You think I wasn't popular back at Sherman Oaks?" Courtney challenged jokingly.
"Oh I know you weren't popular." Shayne grinned. Courtney lightly pushed him.
"Well if this is a popular guy's party, where's the flashing strobe lights and the red solo cups. Where's the blaring music and the dancing whorebags?"
"Are you a freshman? Or a junior?" Shayne said, shaking his head. Courtney laughed.
"You're going to need a drink already, right Shayney?"
Olivia pushed past them and looked for Anthony. James actually. She past his living area, where there was a large speaker, playing music to a medium volume. She directed herself to Anthony's kitchen. She'd been to a few of his parties before, so she knew her way around.
"Olivia!" Anthony called. He waved her over, smiling. Ian was by his side, helping him mix punch. "You made it," he said. Olivia nodded.
"Yeah, Shayne and Courtney are probably still arguing about freshmen. How're you Ian?"
"I am doing great. How's you and Courtney?" Ian asked as he stirred. Anthony turned to look at him. Olivia didn't think twice about it though.
"She's cool. Did you meet her yet?"
"Not yet, just going off of what everyone's talking about."
"People talk about her?"
"Bits and pieces," Ian said, grinning. Anthony bit inside his cheeks.
"Cool. Well I'll see you soon then. Did you see James anywhere yet?"
"Not yet, but I've been in here."
"Alright."