Chapter 14

Courtney and Olivia walked down the halls. This time today they kept their food to themselves.
"So did Jamie ask you to the party?" Courtney asked.
"Jamie?"
"You know who I'm talking about."
"James?"
"Yes. I didn't think you'd get stuck at his name."
"No, I thought we were going to the party as a date instead," Olivia grinned. She didn't really have any romantic feelings for Courtney. She played it off as a joke. At this point she thought Courtney was too.
"But really," Courtney said sheepishly. She was getting a bit stressed at that joke. Mainly because she didn't want it to be a joke.
Olivia exhaled instead.
"No. I don't know how I feel about it," Olivia said honestly. "I mean, I know it'll your first party here, but I don't know."
Courtney dropped her thoughts. She had an idea but she put it off. As much as she hated to admit it, her rival was winning this battle.

They exited out the building to go to their lunch table. Only Shayne and Keith were there. The two girls already knew Noah's sick status.
"Hey guys," Courtney greeted, sitting beside Olivia on the opposite side of the guys.
"'Sup."
"Hey."
"You guys look bummed, something happen?" Olivia asked. She picked at her food and watched them intently. Courtney had turned her attention to her tray.
Shayne glanced to Keith. Keith whispered something so low into his ear, Olivia couldn't pick up on it.
"It's a secret," Shayne said blandly. Like a kid. Olivia's face dropped. Instead of saying something to them, she leaned closer to Courtney. Whispering like Keith had to Shayne.
"They're keeping something from us," Olivia said. Courtney looked up, and leaned back to her.
"Shh, pretend to nod. Just pretend that we're planning something," Courtney whispered. Olivia did just that, and peered back to the guys. They looked a bit intimidated, as they watched the girls. Clearly having not heard Courtney.
Courtney leaned back and smirked to the boys.
Shayne bit his lip.
"I mean...we'd tell you-" Shayne started. Keith kicked his leg under the table. "Ow! Okay, I want to. It's just, not the best idea."
"Just not yet," Keith finished.
"Well maybe I'll just ask Noah. It's probably easier to tempt him," Courtney explained. She winked to Keith. He simply smiled, and started to laugh.
"You're tellin' me, you want to try to tempt secrets out of him. You're tellin' me, you're going to try to tempt my gay boyfriend?"
Courtney jerked back. Her eyes widened and her mouth dramatically dropped.
"Stop, stop, stop. You're telling me, the lesbian at this table, that you think I'm going to try to tempt you're gay boyfriend? Romantically, we don't have anything together," Courtney addressed. There was serious concern in her voice. Keith definitely heard it too. He had snapped his mouth shut and tried to stifle a laugh.
"That was good," he commented. The two started laughing.
Olivia glanced to Shayne. He looked just as concerned to Olivia, as she was to him.
"They're weird," Shayne whispered in an Irish accent. Olivia smiled at him. Courtney and Keith kept talking to each other, not paying attention to the others much.
"So are you going to tell me the secret?" Olivia said in a low voice to Shayne.
"No," he said nonchalantly back. Olivia leaned back into her seat.
"Well let's just see what Court-Court can do then."