Chapter 7

Olivia had waited by her locker at lunch for Courtney. She figured she should show her the cafeteria.
It was a split second of realization for Olivia when she almost missed Courtney passing the corridor. It looked like she was walking as if she were tired or pained but Olivia didn't give herself much time to process that.
"Courtney!" Olivia called, running to catch up.
Courtney stopped, and then almost felt tackled when Olivia ran into her on accident.
"Sorry about that...have you been to the cafeteria yet?" Olivia asked, she patted Courtney shoulder.
Courtney kept her face blanked as she hid her surprise. She had skipped going down the hall because she thought that Olivia was waiting for James.
"No," Courtney replied shortly. Olivia took a moment to catch her breath before grabbing Courtney's hand and rushing to the lunchroom.
Courtney had no problem with this hand holding.

"So why don't you sit in here?" Courtney asked as they wondered to the sides of the large cafeteria. It was packed with other students, but there was a considerable amount of space left for the group to join in.
"Shayne has anxiety," Olivia answered distractedly.
The two grabbed their own lunches and started walking back to their lunch table outside.
"There was fries?" Courtney asked, looking at Olivia's own tray. Olivia grinned and saw that Courtney didn't have any.
"Do you want to turn back around and get some?" Olivia asked back with a playful tone.
"You mean you aren't going to share with me?" Courtney asked, acting offended. Except she couldn't help her smile.
Olivia eyed her fries and considered sharing. Though because of Courtney's persistence, it looked like it'd be fun to not.
As they approached the door's, Courtney once again asked.
"Can I pleeeease have some fries?"
Olivia thought for a second before grabbing two small pieces. Courtney looked wondrous as Olivia slowly brought them towards her. Courtney brought her hand out.
Olivia instead tossed them at her. The sudden change of plans made Courtney almost drop her whole tray. One of the fries hit her shoulder then landed on her tray. The other missed.
"That was uncalled for!" Courtney cried as she balanced her food again. Olivia started to laugh before seeing Courtney grab for her own food to chuck back at her. She dashed for the doors, which sent them on a chase.

"There they are," Shayne pointed when he saw the doors fling open.
the three guys watched the girls playfully throw food at each other.

They each watched at how they looked at each other before launching the food. Everyone around the table collectively thought without a doubt, that they like each other.
"What's with everyone throwing food at each other?" Keith muttered.

Soon, with their trays almost empty, the girls finally joined the table.
"What's up guys?" Olivia asked, as if she wasn't just in a two person food fight. Nobody answered her. Even Courtney thought it was weird how they stared at them.
Shayne looked back at the few surrounding tables. Much like the guys were, they've watched Courtney and Olivia have their play fight. Shayne knew what they were thinking, but he didn't bring it up. Though now they've seemed to go back to their own conversations. Probably conjuring up more gossip and rumours, Shayne thought.
"Is everything okay?" Olivia asked again.
"Everything's fine," Noah was the first to speak up.
"Cool," Olivia replied without a second thought. She had saved herself three whole fries, while the rest littered the ground. Courtney still eyed the fries however.
"So, uhh, what be you two been up to?" Shayne asked cautiously.
"We went to the cafeteria," Courtney answered.
The three guys looked to each other, unsure if they should bring up the rumours.
Noah sort of felt that if they did, it might ruin their growing friendship, so he motioned to drop it.
"Well anyway, Sarah's coming back on soon," Shayne changed the subject.
"That's cool, still worried though?" Noah asked him, finally digging into his food again.
"Sort of. "
"What're you worried about?" Courtney questioned.
"Sarah's out with his ex, and he's afraid she'd convince her to break up with him." Keith answered.
"I think everything's gonna' be fine," Olivia inputed.
"Maybe, Lily's cool but we just don't...get along anymore," Shayne sighed. He scratched the back of his neck.
"I think you're over thinking it," Olivia shrugged to him.
"Well how much people have you dated?" Shayne angrily countered. Olivia gave him a look. Courtney silently hoped she was going to answer his question.
"One. But this is being over dramatic," Olivia answered. Courtney nodded to herself. Sort of glad the number wasn't over 10. Even more that it didn't really come close to the number.
"Well I'm just worried."
"Dude, we can text her and see-" Noah started.
"No, don't ask her."
"Come on, I'll be subtle."
"Well you have to promise - each of you have to promise not to say anything," Shayne addressed to everyone. With cheeky grins, they all nodded back to him.
"What about you Court? Are you seeing anyone from...wherever you're from?" Keith asked.
"Sherman Oaks," Courtney answered. "No, I didn't want a long distance...But I'm over it. And can I hear more of this one relationship Liv?" Courtney asked, peering to the girl.
Olivia was for a moment taken off guard, before grabbing a napkin to wipe her hand. Maybe she should've expected this from Courtney. She'd want to know.
"Well it was freshman year," Olivia started dramatically. She glanced at Courtney who listened carefully, but she knew that the guys loved when she said this story. "And I got asked out to this dance, like two weeks before it. Anyways, we decide to go out on a date beforehand. It was an okay date. And then on the day of the dance, he invites everyone to his place to pregame. He got high before the dance," Olivia explained. The guys bursted out laughing. Courtney sat sort of unsure.
"So we called it off," Noah said after he calmed down. "Went to my place and watched some movies."
"You didn't seem very sad after that though," Shayne brought up.
"Well I wasn't really into him," Olivia shrugged. "Did you take a fry?" Olivia accused, turning to Courtney when she saw only two left on her tray.
Courtney grinned.