Chapter 5

Olivia had run a little late to school the next day. Courtney wanted to wait for her at the parking lot but she wasn't too sure if it would be a good idea. It sort of bummed her out but she met up with Keith and Noah.
"Did you guys see Olivia?" Courtney asked curiously.
"No, she texted me saying she woke up a bit late though, she's running in now," Keith notified.
Noah beamed at her, it made her feel welcome with this group. She happily watched him gently grab for Keith's hand, and then Keith distractedly take it as he looked through his phone.
It took another moment before Keith showed Courtney the message that Olivia had sent. She looked at his text message and got an idea.

"Sorry I'm late, " Olivia said to Courtney, meeting her at the lockers. Olivia made it just a few seconds before the bell and ran for her locker to grab her English books.
"It's cool," Courtney replied. "Was a little bummed not to have a buddy to tell me to shoo," she teased.
"I'm sorry about that, I don't like attention on me is all." Olivia stopped for a moment to look at Courtney. She glanced up and down at Courtney's outfit. Flannel shirt and jeans.
"Was I calling for attention?"
"Sort of, rolling on the ground in the lot probably calls for attention," Olivia shrugged. She shut her locker to look back at Courtney for the last time.
"I'll see you later Court," Olivia called as she took a few steps backwards.
"Wait, my next class is back there?" Courtney showed Olivia her schedule and pointed down the hall. To which Olivia didn't have to look at the schedule. Her question made her grin. She knew what she was pulling.
"Yes, just like yesterday," Olivia motioned. Courtney tried to stifle her smile and thanked Olivia.

Shayne stared at the list of clubs on the wall. Nothing interested him. He was still set on joining one because as much as he loves his friends, he wants to try to change his setting a little bit.
But just as yesterday, he didn't know what to join, so he simply left for class.
He started down the hall and saw his newest friend, Courtney, walking down too.
Yesterday, he saw Courtney in his class, it's just then he didn't know her. Shayne pondered if he should call her over to wall with her down to class.
"Hey Courtney." Shayne walked up to her. She was startled for a second but greeted him back.
"Good morning Shayne."
"Are you going to history?"
"Yeah, are you?"
"Yeah," Shayne chuckled. "So I'm a little curious, how did you meet Olive?"
"Olive...our lockers are next to each other, and we both have a free period after lunch."
"Do you share any classes?"
"No, I wish though," Courtney sighed. Shayne laughed.
The two entered the class and went to their desks at the opposite ends of the rows.

After class, the two went to their own lockers. Shayne's locker was near the library rather than near the entrance like Courtney and Olivia's.
Courtney felt bubbly, as she walked. When she turned the corner, she saw a guy leaning back onto her locker speaking to Olivia. He was way taller than her, and he had short, dark hair.
Courtney dead stopped and watched the two interact. Olivia started to laugh at whatever he said. His charming and endearing smile sort of fueled jealousy to Courtney.
Is this the nub that Olivia wants to go out with? Courtney asked herself. Surely, this guy did look attractive. Courtney could see why Olivia could maybe want to go out with him. However it didn't rest well with Courtney.
She started walking again forward again after realizing her undisputed hatred for her new rival.
"Excuse me, can I get into my locker?" Courtney called. She grabbed his attention and he got up to sidestep.
"I'll see you in class Liv," the guy said. Olivia sheepishly turned back to her locker. A smile that made Courtney's heart beat yet haunted her played out on Olivia's lips.
Olivia gently shut her locker when she figured out how to drop her smile. Courtney couldn't find it in herself to say anything. She just let Olivia walk off without a word.