Chapter 12

Keith woke up to the sound of his phone ringing. Lazily, he reached his hand out to pick his phone from his nightstand.
"Hello?" Keith answered. He saw the contact as Noah, but a few times before, Shayne has changed his own contact name to Noah's so that he'd call and Keith would answer 'good morning babe' or something. He was just playing it safe.
"Keith?" Noah answered back groggily. His voice was thick and raspy. "I don't feel well. I'm staying home today, I won't make it to the party," Noah stated. He sounded a bit disappointed.
Keith sat up, processing his words. "Don't apologize, I'll be there after school," Keith stated. Noah chuckled a little at his words.
"Okay, see you later."

Keith drove to school. He was going to be a bit earlier than he's used to, because he always drives to Noah's to pick him up. It was silent in his car. Like someone had stolen his car radio, so he's just sitting in silence.
When he parked, he saw Courtney and Olivia in a small distance. They were walking out of the lot and towards the school, but they were so lively. The two girls were talking and were obviously having fun. When they almost reached the doors, the two busted out laughing at each other. That's when Keith looked around to whoever was watching them as well. More or less, everyone around the lot had been paying attention. Whispering to whoever was closest to them. Obviously, Keith figured, new rumours were getting conjured up. The whole school would soon think they're dating. Almost like nobody could have a friendship like Courtney and Olivia without getting the attention of everyone else.
Keith smiled at the two however. He started walking. Courtney had wrapped her arm around Olivia as they finally got inside the building. The people to the side spoke louder. Keith heard their conversations.
"They have to be dating." That sentence floated around in almost every conversation. Everyone was coming to that conclusion. Keith didn't know what to do. He couldn't try to address everyone without possibly gaining Courtney and Olivia's attention. He didn't want them to know of this rumour because it could and would tear at their friendship. Making everything awkward and ruin this beautiful (platonic) relationship. Keith simply hoped everything would blow over, and still the girls wouldn't know.

"So I met Mr. Anthony, coolest guy here right?" Courtney spoke to Olivia. They stood post at their lockers. Olivia chuckled after her question.
"I guess. He and Ian are the most respected here. They're the confident gay guys," Olivia explained.
"Well why aren't Noah and Keith popular like that then?"
"Umm, well we already have the gay couple representing our school. Or they don't really care for the school's attention. What's the use right?"
"You're right. We're going to need two gay girls. Olivia-"
"I am done with this conversation," Olivia interrupted with a smile. "For the record, I'm not gay."
"Yeah, for anyone else but me right?" Courtney grinned. She shut her locker and faced Olivia.
"Yes, of course. That's it, only for you," Olivia sighed. "Alright I'll see you later," Olivia waved.
"Damn right you'll see me later, babe," Courtney said in a mock tough tone. Olivia thought she was ridiculous, and she couldn't help but laugh. Courtney waved her off.