Chapter 15

Olivia had gotten into her book in the period after lunch. She and Courtney already made it to their regular spot in the library.
Courtney had her book again, it's just she had a serious question for Olivia.

"Can I have a kiss?" Courtney asked, not taking her eyes off of her closed book, laying in the table. Olivia didn't register it for a second. She closed her book a little, looking quizzically to Courtney.
"What?"
"Can I have a kiss...From you?" Courtney repeated. This time, she looked up to Olivia.

Olivia thought back to just half an hour ago. She thought about what Courtney said to Keith.
"You're asking me, the lesbian at the table..."
Olivia dropped her unimportant thoughts and looked to Courtney. She kept a straight face. Olivia smiled. A straight face.
"Is that a yes?"
"Why?" Olivia asked lightly. Courtney shrugged.
"I dunno'."
"Well...Just a little one."
"Okay."

Courtney got up from her seat and sat beside Olivia. They sat awkwardly for a second. Both unsure of how to initiate their words.
Courtney tapped Olivia's chair, motioning to move it back to make space. Olivia's heartbeat raced as she did.
Courtney leaned her elbows on her knees, leaning forward toward Olivia. Though she didn't attempt to get closer for a second.
"Okay," Olivia mumbled, she leaned a bit closer herself. When she got close enough, she closed her eyes.
Courtney pulled back.
"Wait," she stopped. Olivia's eyes shot open and she snapped back. "How much people have you kissed before?"
Olivia couldn't help but chuckle. The situation felt a bit ridiculous.
"Well?" Courtney asked again.
"I mean..I guess I was in middle school. Makes one there, and then I was dared to kiss Noah a few years ago."
"So I'll be your first girl kiss?" Courtney got a bit intrigued. And honoured. Olivia sheepishly nodded. "Cool."
The two got quiet. Courtney watched Olivia bit her lip anxiously.
"Hey, you're supposed to be doing that to my lip," Courtney pointed. Olivia stopped.
Courtney cleared her throat before leaning in again. Olivia once again close her eyes after Courtney had.
Their lips touched for a second before both jerked back. They stared, stunned, to each other. About a minute of silence later, they both bursted out laughing.