Chapter 29

Who's the real monster?.....

Angelica's Pov....

That boyish tone that always rocked me to the core, giving me chills and goosebumps. He was here."Fuck, let's get out of here. We need to get upstairs to your brother. Be as quiet as possible." Daddy said whispering.

"DADDY'S HERE TO COME AND GET YOU." Gross, it felt so wrong to hear him say that when he wasn't even there for me. The man is crazy, he watched mom died instead of helping her.

He didn't sound too far as I took lead with daddy right on my back. It hurt moving. My nightmares were true. I will never understand why? How did this come of my life where I had a nut job as a father? He sounds close as we went up the steps. There was a little walkway that led to daddy's office. Ten steps, now twelve more.

"Twelve more steps, count," I spoke aloud, I pulled him. We were in the hallway walking carefully yet still fast enough.

"My little Angie doll, come home!" He yelled. Okay, he was downstairs.

As if I ran into a wall, I hit someone. "Angie."

HEATH, thank god. "Yes yes, it's me. Aiden's here too." I told him, then grabbed his hands. The two men that I needed the most both were here, and safe. My heart is spiraling out of control, trying to catch my breath was insane.

"In here." I heard daddy say. The door shut then locked. Daddy lets my hands go. The scent in here, this was our room. The fresh scent smell of sweat pea body wash was when I took a bath. I went and sat on the bed. Worn out from this vigorous exercise, I tried to catch my breath.

"Don't tell me that he followed us here?"

"How should I know? Maybe he did maybe he didn't. I can't tell what he's thinking. I don't know his actions more than next person."

"That's not it." I heard daddy say. Sudden lights came in the room. He held a flashlight in his hand with one other one. Giving Heath one, I was confused to what he was trying to do. Why? Before I can say a single word, he grins. He knows exactly what I'm thinking. Why don't I have one? "Don't worry angel, you will not leave my sight and I'll make sure of it." The worst time right now to sound so sure. Though the statement had my heart melting, a goofy smile was something that I just couldn't shake off. Holding down the side of my mouth was hard. "I didn't want to believe it." He muttered. "I know why he's here and how he came here?"

Heath scoffed, annoyed. "He's only here for her."

"Yes and the fact that, her wallet is missing. Angelica is not that forgettable to misplace her wallet somewhere where she do not know. So now, did you know that your wallet is not in your purse?"

"My wallet?" It only soon came to me that I was pickpocketed. I didn't even feel it. Though that's untrue, he can't be that good to take something right underneath your nose. "No... that's not..... true."

"He knows he had no chance in you telling him. So instead he got close. Since you were moving too much, of course, you couldn't feel it." I was a moron, I can't believe it. In Heath's word, it made sense. I made a cruel mistake.

My hand on my scalp ready to pull out my own hair in stress, I was so stupid. I should have known better, I just should have. Daddy came in front of me, bending down on one knee, he took my hand in his. Gently his thumb moved back and forth on the back of my hand. "Angel, you're scared, I can see it. Don't be, I told you that I'd protect you didn't I. So that's what I'm going to do."