Chapter 28

Found you...

"Angel, put your clothes on." I heard daddy say, leaving the closet going towards the bathroom. It was still late at night, two o'clock to be exact. I sat in a haze, lazily not wanting to move. My body killed me, how does he expect me to wear clothes? Going naked is the way to go. However, I couldn't stay in the nude any longer, not today. Daddy came to me, scowling down at me. I smiled. "Do I have to dress you?" He asked. I nodded proudly.

Chuckling, he reached for the clothing consisting of blue shorts with a shirt filled with white, gray and black kitties. Piece by piece he places them on me. He knows how much I'm recovering. Even taken me a bath, he was gentle. Now as he placed my clothes on, he was treating me like a little kitten with a broken leg. He carried me up and placed me in front of him. Slowly rubbing my back I was beginning to relax.

It was always nice being his arms, he's like a huge body pillow that I could hug forever. Tightly my arms went around him with a smile. What would have happened if I have never had met him? Just give in, see how this life goes? I'd probably still be a bit bitter. Still, live in a house filled with girls that barely likes me.

Daddy placed my little butt on the counter, "What would you like?" He asked.

"Ice cream sounds nice."

"Whatever you want."

It's always about me, does he think about himself sometimes? I took his hands in mines pulling him back. "Daddy, do you think about yourself?" I asked.

"of course I do, why do ask?"

"It's always about me, what I want? What do you want?" I asked.

He came closer, taking my face in his hand he leaned over giving me a light kiss. So feathery it feels as if he didn't do it at all. Though it's all in good love. "What I want, is to make you happy. I do think about myself and seeing you smile is what I live for. If you carried around a sad face most of the time, it's not good. It's my fault if I don't see you smile."

"Still, what would you like right now?" I quickly asked.

Laughing it off, he said, "Don't concern yourself about me too much."

"How can I not? Tell me where in this situation I'm not supposed to worry about you. I love you, if I didn't, I wouldn't care. Tell me, what do you want?"

"Water." He said.

"Okay fine, I can get water. We'll enjoy a perfectly cold glass together."

He burst out laughing. Embracing me in his warmth, his face turned kissing me on my neck. "You're too cute, we'll enjoy a nice glass of wa-"

DARKNESS.

Suddenly the light went out, I gasp grasping on tight to him. "What's-" Daddy shushes me lightly. I never knew how dark it was, however, the light from the outside was bringing in such a simply light view of what was what. The little kitchen table that was next to the huge glass was shown.

"There's something wrong with the circuit box." Taking my hands in his, daddy's arms wrapped around my body bringing me down. He bumped into something I gasped. I hope he's okay, maybe he doesn't know the house.

"Daddy, do you need some help? I can walk here with my eyes close." I couldn't see it though I heard it. A slight air left his nostrils as he chuckled lightly. In the dark, my senses seemed to become strong, like I knew his every step.

"Show me." He said. I clutched on tight to his arms going out of the kitchen. I wish I wasn't barefooted right now, though my sense may have been sharp the feeling of stepping on something scared me. No matter what it was. I placed my hands on the wall feeling my way through. His arms still around me, as we walked slowly.

Bars, I felt bars. This was the right side of the steps. Well, my right, through when entering the house it was the left. Passing the left staircase we were going to the hall where the cook, housekeeper, and butler was.

"Daddy," I whispered.

"Yes, angel."

"Don't let go." I felt down his hands tangling his in mine. "The walls aren't too wide here. I don't really observe here to well but there's a switch here that no matter what is always on."

"It's not connected to the box is it?"

"No. Spread apart and touch the wall for the switch." When we pulled apart, I could feel a great distance. We both slapped the wall and we moved slowly touching it.

"Found it." He said in joy then quickly pulled me to his side. The sound of a switch flipping on and on, not a single one lit up. "Shit." He whispered though it didn't sound to quiet.

"Walk ahead, three doors to the left, two on the right. The Chef and housekeeper on the right and the butler, a storage closet and the basement on the left."

"Man, it's my own fault for not studying this house at a time like this. I feel so helpless." He laughed, the sadness in his tone, I did not miss. Busy with work and taking care of me, he doesn't have to be superman. It's okay not to know one little thing.

"Don't say that," He hits a door, it sounded like a door. "The butler's room," I told him. We continued on till we hit the last door. Something was odd, though, he was hitting it too much.

"It's open, did they lock it?" He asked. Why something was not right as he went in. Our hands tugged as this cold wave rushed over me. The back of my hair had stood, this wasn't right. All the doors are close. "Come on, I'm here." He said.

"Y-yeah." Should I tell him or should I not? This was weird, this mystery made an uncomfortable itch on my back. "S-stop. Six steps, right here." I touched the floor with my foot. I could feel the wood under my feet.

"Good to know." I was picked up then in an instant I was packing down on the ground. "I remember coming here, to the far right is the box." And to the far right we went. The sound of something sizzling like frying was what I heard. I pulled him back instantly. Burning something was burning. "What's wrong?"

"Is something burning?"

He sniffed the air, in the dark. "I can't even-" A large spark of fireworks happened. Daddy covered me as it popped light crazy, we're both shocked as it slowly ended. Is it fried? "There's something wrong."

"I know," I said panting, trying to catch my breath, thank god nothing caught on fire.

"No Angelica." He came to my ears whispering very low. "There's someone in this house."

"DEAR!"

That voice.