Chapter 5

Pale cheeks grows red....

Who was this man? I don't even know his name; I'm too shy to ask. He seems to mean, but would a mean man give me such a gift? I stared down at the little blue fox in my hands, my eyes completely dried out from any further tears. Sadness just took over me. All my toys, books, clothes, and shoes were in the trunk. My daddy Chris disappears down the road behind us. The trees quickly slowly show bare land than buildings. I just wanted to jump out of this car and run back to daddy Chris. However, it was his fault that I was in this situation. I wanted to stay with him a bit longer... I did. Just hearing news of this suddenly yesterday, I couldn't react appropriately.

A sudden soft touch made me cringe. His hand rested on my bare thighs. My eyes trailed up his arms straight to his eyes. He smiled down at me with love. I turned around, rubbing my cheeks to stop my smile from coming on.

"Let's get to know each other. I know I've been rude by not introducing myself properly, Angelica." I just nodded, gripping tightly to the fox. I don't want to be here one bit. I want to go back so badly, Go back....home. "Hey.... do you hate me this much?"

My head snapped up, turning to him. How can I hate someone I don't know? That's not me. Why would he ask that? Or even... say that. The sad look on his face made me want to cry for hurting him. Those weren't my attention. "I-I-I would... never... I..." I trailed off as soon as his excellent hands landed on mine, easing the tension from my hand. Slowly he released the fox from my death grip.

"You're tense. Please, angel, loosen up. You don't have to be scared of me. I'm always here for you. I would never hurt you." How should I know that?

My eyes widen... "That's what he......I'm sorry," I yelled. No, no, no, I can't tell him that... not ever. I can see his curiosity in his eyes. I should have kept that distinct.

"He who?" Oh man, that slipped.

"N-no one." His hand went to the side of my face turning me towards him.

"You can tell me anything. I'm not here for no reason."

"It's no one!" I yelled. Gasping, I took the thought out. "I-i'm sorry... I didn't mean to raise my voice." I spoke softly, barely a sound out of my mouth.

"We'll talk about this in the future, but I don't want you to feel like you have to hide something so important for me. It would help if you didn't worry. You're in good hands. Let's try to get past this. I want you to be able to talk to me about anything. My name is Aiden White. I was born on February 19 on a full moon, and you?" He asked me. I couldn't help it. As he said the full moon, a small smile creased on my face, yet not a full one like a wolf.

"A-Angelica Rouge, but everyone called me Angie." That was All I said. His chuckle filled me with love. I turned to him, and he turned, smiling brightly. My pale cheeks grow red at his beautiful face. He looks pretty young yet mature. Well, duh, he's a grown man but still. He's so young.

"I didn't think you'd be this shy with that beautiful picture that was hung up with you at the club." My eyes wide open, I shook my head violently, grabbing the fox.

"No, no, no, I didn't want to pose like that." His laughter grew more, amusing himself. I frown.

"So, did Christopher make you pose that way?" I shake my head again. Of course not. He would never do anything like that.

"No. I was already dressed that way. I didn't feel comfortable about it, so they tried everything they could to make me happy. I was having a bad day, and Chris helped me through it. I was staring at him then he did something questionable that I still don't get until this day. That's why I looked like that."

"Seems like he's done a lot."

"Not really. He just takes us in, gives us a home, loves us equally, and helps us with whatever troubles us until someone else comes... along." Some else like him. Chris has done everything for me, and I couldn't be happier—Oh my gosh! Did I just say that? I've never just said his name just like that. Chris. No, this is wrong. Being around this man is making me forget his actual titled name.

"Let me guess... someone like me? You know, you're in my care starting today. Angel, we're together now. No more talk of Christopher around me. I'll lay out the rules when we get home, then let you get settled. Of course... I will be your new daddy now. It's only us now." If I could fall to my knees and cry, I would. New... daddy. This is another nightmare that I would never imagine. This dream is so natural that it's unreal. I can't wake up. New.... daddy. I gulped, squeezing tighter into the fox. I bit the bottom of my lips as I tried to hold my tears but failed as I sniffed. "Angie, what's wrong, baby?" He wanted to know.

"I-I'm sorry," I whispered, wiping my eyes. I hated this so much. So damn much! I want to go back to Chris. "I-I- I want daddy Chris."

"Sorry baby, but he's long gone. It's just us now, okay." His arms went behind my back, hooking under my arm, holding my side while the other arm went under my thighs, lifting me, sitting me down on his lap. "Shhh, don't cry. Please... baby." As much as he told me not to cry, it made me cry even more. I cried to the point where my body gave out on me, my eyes tired from the many tears drained out, and soon I felt exhausted that my eyes were low. "Baby, say ah," He spoke in a hushed voice.

"Ahh," I spoke weakly. A sudden paci went inside my mouth, and I began to suck on it, slowly falling asleep.

"This might be a long ride, Angel. Please rest easy on daddy."