Chapter 18

I found you...

Third Person's POV...

He sat on his chair, twisting from side to side in a daydream, thinking about one person—Angelica. He could never forget that face, though she was pretty young at that time. Even as a little girl, she's always been cute to him. He loved her then and loves her even more now. However, how will she react if she is alive and if he finds her? Will she hate him for putting her in such a predicament? Is she still the same loving, obedient, kind girl she was?

It's almost a decade, seven years to be exact, that he's seen her. He knows he was wrong for what he did; he could have been there for her, showed her the love she needed, yet turned the cold shoulder. There's no doubt in his mind that the words, I hate you will flow once he finds her—if she was still alive. His precious little Angie was nowhere to be found, as if she died off the earth. He didn't want to believe it.

Deep within his thoughts, the man didn't see the officer dressed in all black step through. Clearing his throat, he sat up in a hurry. His eyes glare at the man for interrupting his private time.

"What is it?"

"I'm not sure, but I think we found her." He spoke as he walked to the desk, dropping the file.

"You're my eleventh guy, don't lie to me."

Opening it up, a picture of an ID was shown. A school ID, though. He cocked his head to the side, wondering, why a school ID? "A School ID.... college, to be exact. Why?"

"Seems like whoever she's with, the only source of who she is and Identification is her school ID. She's nineteen at the moment, about to turn twenty. Straight light brown hair, hazel eyes—"

"A mole, she has a mole."

"Sorry, sir, nothing in there says so. All the information we dug up wasn't enough, which is impossible. It's as if she barely exists. It shakes me to know that she's practically a ghost that I can't seem to find. Someone is protecting her identity. Moving forward, it shows that she has no parents, was born an orphan, an only child, and no other family members."

The man's fist slammed on the desk, "Impossible. There's no way. This information has to be wrong! It just to be!"

"Sir, calm down. This is what is on the paper. You're the one searching for her. I'm just reporting what's on the paper. Whatever relationship you have with her, that's your business, but getting worked up over some information you might think is false, clearly something is going on here. And clearly, it seems like you know her more than what it says on the profile. I understand you're becoming desperate to find her, but getting worked up will not make her get on her two feet and find you." The man grabbed the paper. "I'll dig deep, do what I can to find her. I promise that to you, we will find her. When you do, you owe me big time."

He sighed, running his hands through his hair in frustration. "Fuck, I'm stressed. I just want to find her or talk to her over the phone to know she's okay. I want us to be together again. Maybe this time, I won't hurt her like I did. I've been a real bad man."

"We all make mistakes. We just have to learn from them. Now, as sweet as you make her sound if she ever finds you... it will take some time, but she'll come around. If not, at least you found her, right?"

"Right."

*******

Angelica's POV...

I was tired, completely drained. I can't believe I did that last night. Covering my face with my hand, I felt so shameful. Not only that, it was pretty rewarding. Pricks and tingles shot through me, his tongue, just the fact that it was him felt good, no, more than reasonable. I had laid in bed as he lay behind me. Daddy's arms rested around me as I was engulfed in his scent. Being around him was soothing enough.