Chapter 4: Nice Meeting You (Pic of Jessie)

Finished chapter 3. Hope yall like it. Things are about to start getting real interesting. I have yet to actually edit this story but I was too excited to wait.

Song of the day: Can't Stop by After 7(OLD SCHOOL, I grew up listening to this music. My dad is addicted to it.)

-------------------------------------------------- 8{timidFire}8* ------------------------------------------------------------

4: Nice Meeting You

Abruptly, Dani jumped up and squeaked before swiftly turning around. Her small purse flew out of her hands and into a guy with a thump.

The impact made him grunt in discomfort but he managed to straighten from his inclined position."Well I didn't see that coming." His was voice deep but warm.

Dani gasped, embarrassed and her hands came over her mouth. "I'm...so sorry," she got out. She looked up from hands that held her purse and met bright blue eyes replete with amusement and laughter.

His smile was charming and inviting as he stood at 6' 2". He wore a pair of dark blue jeans and a navy blue dress shirt, both bringing out his blue eyes in contrast to his short dark hair. She brought her hands and arms down and self-consciously crossed them over her chest.

He looked down at her purse still in his hands as he shook his head, a smile permanently etched onto his face then took a few steps closer to her. "I believe this was yours, before you decided to use it as weapon to temporarily weaken my defenses. But given the night you’re having, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt," he said fighting an even wider grin.

She gingerly took her purse from his grasp and laughed almost unwillingly. She had to admit that if he was some guy trying to take advantage of a girl alone, it would have done just that, ‘weaken his defenses.’

He smiled cheekily in response enjoying her reaction and placed his hands in his pockets.

Then it hit her."Wait...just how long were you standing...there?" Her eyes narrowed, lightly accusing but accusing nevertheless.

“Hmmm...," he pretended to ponder while his eyes searched the onyx glass tile under his feet for answers."I believe 'freedom' was the subject of your monologue. Quite the rant though, I was afraid you would turn on me if I stopped you." His eyes looked up to meet hers.

Dani's eyes widened as her faced flushed and looked everywhere but at him. He just witnessed everything I said, oh my GOSH, I must look like an idiot! She thought panicking. She actually forgot to breathe for a second, but a voice stopped her from having the approaching meltdown.

“Believe me, you just made our day," It was another deep voice but this one was more playful. A shadow that Dani had failed to take notice of, stepped under the warm lighting. A shadow which belonged to a guy of handsome height, who was currently sporting a pair of baggy-ripped jeans that rode low on his hips, tattered crusty brown boots, and a brown leather jacket put over a black hoodie; every piece of clothing appeared worn down. For a second, she wondered why she bothered to dress up if he didn't.

Surprisingly though, he pulled the whole ensemble off well. She couldn’t see his face with the hoddie and the dark classic wayfarer sunglasses in the way, but she caught a glimpse of his sandy brown hair, framing a shadowed face that was cocked to the side in amusement. When she saw the smirk on his face, she finally blew up. "Oh wow more witnesses, would someone else like to pop out of nowhere and amplify just how amusing this entire situation is!” She huffed before blowing her bangs out of her face. The fluttered back in place anyways.

The response was two deep chuckles that replaced the quiet of the balcony. For a second, she observed the two figures that were slouched over in hysterical laughter before she joined in realizing how silly she was being. The laughing gradually dimmed to soft chuckles. Dani looked up and met Mr. Handsome Blue Eyes--wait a second...she was having a conversation witha stranger. Not like her at  all.