Chapter 2: My Best Friend...Crazy, Beautiful, & Hilarious

ALOHA!

So this is my second chapter, 'the real Beginning' as some like to put it. I edited it but there may still be some errors. I plan to tell this story in third-person and from Danielle's perspective but I thought it might be nice to show her personal voice once in awhile. *YAWN* so tired.

=========================================================

 Song of the day is: Someday We'll be Together by Diana Ross andThe Supremes 

*I love warm classic soulful songs. They never go out of style.

------------------------------------------8{timidFire}8*------------------------------------------------------------------

 2: My Best Friend...Crazy, Beautiful, & Hilarious

[Danielle's POV] 

Portland, Oregon

Oregon University

September 17, 2009

At the age of twenty-one, I have no shame in admiting that I've never had a boyfriend. Some people would question my sexuality, others would look at me with pity--my best friend however, decided she was going to set me up.

Currently I was sitting in front of a vanity that belonged to my roommate aka my best friend, Jessie Myers. Jessie was a wild card, gregarious and flirtatious; I was, on the other hand studious, shy, yet outspoken and passionate when it came to standing up for what I believed in.

I met Jessie on our first day of college. As I recall, I was on my way to my Intro to Psychology class when some college jock decided to make a lewd comment about my appearance.

So, it was the first day of class and I had overslept--ironically because I was nervous about going to my college classes, not to mention I was a distance away from the only home I've ever known. I stayed up all night preparing my supplies, placing my folders in alphabetical order and reassuring myself at least fifteen times that my outfit was perfect. My two-hour long phone call to my father and little sister didn't give me a long rested night either. And of course, being the unluckiest person in the world, my defective alarm clock chose that day of all days not to go off, my hair dryer decided not to work and I had managed to get soaked in some multi-tasking buffoon's mourning beverage. A buffoon who 'genius-ly' thought that speeding on a skateboard, while caring coffee was clever--well that couldn't be further from the truth! Half of my hair and sweater ended up smelling like Starbucks coffee for the rest of the day. I have always liked the smell of coffee, just not on top of me! What a great start I was having.

Anyways, at the time what was on my new Macys sweater and how my hair sat like an untamed frizz ball on my head, were not at the top of my priority list. Instead, I remained focused on getting to my second class on time, seeing I had managed to miss my first. All I wanted, was a break, and just when I think it can't get any worse--some guy with an IQ probably below 70, made it worse. It was pretty clear who he was talking to because I was two yards away and he and his friends were pointing directly at me like pre-schoolers.

However, back to the point,once that lewd comment escaped that jocks over-chapped lips I felt like I was going to lose it. "Hey brunette maybe I can show you how to really get dirty, alone. I'm well endowed after all." He burst out laughing and so did his clique like it was the 'funniest' thing in the world. My thought exactly to that was what the hell, people actually say stuff like that? I mean that was just self-inflicting idiocy 101. I knew it and the unamused spectators knew it. 

I had paused and with my face flushed, spun around; I despised attention and this kind of attention seemed to follow me. How I had managed to get myself stuck in another juvenile-like situation, situations that had sought me out since junior high, amazed me--then again it didn't; I was virtually a magnet for it. I had planned to confront the jock/Mr. Low IQ by throwing back a curse, even though he wasn't worth wasting my breath on, but Jessie beat me to it.