Colors

a/n: so it's been how long... three months? and here i am, back with a depressing oneshot. more of a drabble, though. it's considerably short. enjoy.

***

"You were red, and you liked me because I was blue. You touched me, and suddenly I was a lilac sky..."

- Colors, Halsey

***

Rydel adored Ellington from the first time she met him.

Whether it was his charismatic personality, his beautiful appearance, or his kindness, something drew her in from the moment she laid eyes on him.

Things started out slowly. Sure, Rydel always had a small crush on him. But he would never find out about that. Not until she knew for sure that he also felt the same way in return.

The day he admitted his feelings was the one Rydel had waited for, though it was much less eventful than she had hoped for. It was almost the scene two kindergarteners would have together when creating a relationship that would last for a mere two minutes.

Though, Rydel and Ellington lasted longer than that. They lasted for years. Their band grew, and it seemed to Rydel that their relationship grew along with it.

But many had warned her. Ellington grew tired eventually. Every single time it was bound to happen, but Rydel didn't trust that destiny would fulfill itself. She hoped that history wouldn't repeat itself.

So the day that Ellington told her it was over, she didn't believe him. Not until he made his final declaration.

"You're an entirely different person than when I first met you. I just don't have the same appeal anymore. You've changed way too much, and I don't like that. Sorry. We're done."

He didn't appreciate the ways in which he had changed her. The affect he had on her life. The changes that she once believed bettered her, but was now doubting.

She had been warned, yet she continued to follow through with the inevitable.

Being in love was lonely, especially once the experience is over but you remain with the same feelings. Love was entertaining, and hard to receive in return.

Love has limits, and those can be determined by those who participate in the act.

Love is equal to pain, yet we all continue to follow through with it for the experience. We would all endure the after affects as long as we got to experience the happiness for a short time before the pain is enforced.

***

"And you decided purple just wasn't for you."

- Colors, Halsey

***

a/n: k well there's that terribleness listen to badlands by halsey bye