Silence

Warnings: depressing thoughts

Pinterest is really helpful for writing prompts, just saying. Tumblr is too but I can't go on there or else I get distracted by my feed. Pic of prompt on the side.

I was sat on the floor, silence enveloping the room around me. The walls were plain white, all of the pictures taken down. The furniture had been moved into a separate room. I was sitting on the cold, light brown linoleum, freezing. I should've gone in the other room to warm up, but I couldn't. Even this room was huge compared to me. I was a little spec in a huge universe that no one will ever know existed. He should be here. I shouldn't be here alone. I shouldn't have pissed him off.

Getting over his death was the hardest thing I've ever done. The night after, I lay slumped against the wall, thinking about the infinite universe I was supposed to be a part of. The universe would live on if all of us humans were to die today. So for what reason do we matter? It seems as if I barely matter to others anymore. That's why I'm here. Alone. In our apartment.

Not many cared about his death, not even my brothers. You'd think they'd be upset that there best friend was dead, but none of them even cried. At the funeral, they were all robotic. They aren't even in grief. No one has been over to check on me. I could probably kill myself and not be found for days. But I wouldn't do that. Ellington wouldn't want me to.

So I sat, surrounded by silence, and that's when the realization kicked in; he was gone, and he wasn't coming back.

That was the night when I finally understood why people fear silence.

______________________________

I'm sorry for all of the depressing ones, I just like writing them... For some reason, though it's short, I really like this one... This was a writing prompt from Pinterest, and yeah. Hope you enjoyed! Who wants a super happy one? Well give me writing prompts and I'll write it.