The Chapstick Challenge

So this is an entry for another contest being held by wondergirl108... hope you guys enjoy. The genre or category I chose to write was romance.

I got this idea from some Phan one shots I've been reading on Tumblr recently. Follow me on Tumblr if you'd like damnrydel.tumblr.com (formerly known as easylovinr5er)

Also, I'm sorry for failing at the 12 days of Christmas. I will write however many more one shots were due and then post them all at the same time, okay? I can't guarantee a time frame though, so be patient.

"Today I'm here with the new pop band, R5!" Rydel was barely listening to the interviewer as she usually would. Last time, she could tell Ellington had gotten jealous, so she only talked when spoken to.

"Please, introduce yourselves!" This interviewer was overly peppy on her view, though she would never say that aloud.

"I'm Riker, I sing and play bass." Riker began from his end, continuing down the line.

"I'm Ellington, I play drums."

"I'm Ross, I sing and play guitar."

"I'm Rocky, I also play guitar."

"I'm Rydel, I sing and play keyboards." She finishes off, sending a fake smile to the camera as she adjusted her jacket. This seemed less interesting than usual.

The interviewer droned on with questions they had been asked countless times, all of them replying with the same answer. But then, the interviewer asked them if they would like to play truth or dare, with the questions chosen by the fans.

"Sure!" Riker says enthusiastically, smiling at the interviewer.

"We'll begin with Rydel! Truth or dare?" The interviewer asks her, sending a smile.

"Dare." Rydel replies, knowing the boys would tease her if she chose truth.

"@r5erforlife8993 dares you and Ellington to do the Chapstick challenge." The interviewer replies, though Rydel had no idea what that was.

"What's the Chapstick challenge?" Ellington asks before Rydel gets the chance.

"Person A puts a flavor of Chapstick on their lips that Person B doesn't know. While Person B is blindfolded, Person A will kiss Person B. Person B then must guess the flavor of Chapstick they're wearing." The interviewer replies nervously, awaiting their reactions.

Rydel and Ellington were dating, had been for over a year, but they didn't plan on telling the fans anytime soon. They both knew if they chickened out the boys would tease them to no end, so what were they supposed to do? They could pull it off as just a dare, but everyone would most likely see through it.

"I guess it's no big deal. Let's do it." Rydel heard Ellington reply before she could even get her thoughts together, and she felt her stomach clench in fear. How would the fans react? Would they think it was just a dare?

"I'm okay with it, I guess." Rydel mumbles nervously, switching seats with Ross in order for her to be next to Ellington. She heard Rocky snickering next to her, so she put her arm on the back of the couch and pinched his shoulder extremely hard out of the cameras view. He flinched and stopped, now glaring at her smirking form.

"We have four flavors of Chapstick. Who wants to go first?" The interviewer asks, which makes Ellington raise his hand.

"I'll go first. Let's get this over with." Ellington says casually, playing it off as if they weren't dating.

Rydel feels a blindfold being tied around her head by Rocky, who was laughing. She heard the sounds of lips smacking, assumably Ellingtons, and without warning his lips were on hers. She kissed back immediately, running her tongue along his bottom lip tentatively. He forces his tongue into her mouth and- Damn, this was turning her on.

But then she remembered her brothers and the camera, so she pulled away and blushed furiously.

"What flavor was it?"

Well shit. She had completely forgotten that she was meant to be guessing the flavor of the Chapstick.

"I-I didn't get a good taste." Rydel replies, embarrassed.

"Says your tongues that were going down each others throats." Rocky says, causing all of the boys to snicker.

"Shut up." Rydel hisses angrily, now beyond mad at him.

She feels lips against hers once again without warning, and this time she tastes it. It tastes familiar. Like cinnamon. Or cookies. Or cake, maybe?

"Is it gingerbread? Or cinnamon rolls? Or just cinnamon?" Rydel guesses, not exactly sure of any other answers.

"Gingerbread." Ellington replies, removing her blindfold. Her vision was white due to the sudden light, but when it cleared all she saw was the beautiful boy in front of her.

"Your turn." He said as Rocky tied the blindfold around his head, whispering something in his ear that made him blush. Rydel took a random tube of Chapstick from the interviewer, looking at the flavor. It was peppermint. He was definitely going to get this.

She put it on her lips, smacking them together lightly, and then leaned in to kiss him without warning. Not having on a blindfold made her nervous, made her remember that she was surrounded by her brothers, an interviewer, and a camera recording their every move. That this was going to be shown to the world. That the Rydellington shippers were going to see this video.

She felt Ellington lick her lip lightly, before pulling away quickly.

"Peppermint." He guesses confidently, already working at untying his blindfold.

"Correct." Rydel replies.

The interview continues on normally until it's finally over, and Rydel notices the problem in Ellington's pants. Though she was most definitely turned on, she found herself laughing at the peculiarity of the situation.

When they arrived home and were in their bedroom, Rydel was quickly pushed against the wall in a heated kiss. They were both soon down to only their undergarments.

We can just say that some dirty things happened that night.

What even was that?? It was the dirtiest thing I've ever written for this story (the dirtiest thing I've ever written was a Riker imagine for my best friend. It was full on sex with detail and everything.) I hope you enjoyed and I'm still sorry about the failed 12 days of Christmas oneshots.