You Are Gorgeous

Trigger warnings: lowering of self-esteem, some violent language

All usernames mentioned are meant to be a work of fiction, so I apologize in advance if they happen to be real usernames on social media.

Prompt: Rydel is getting hate from some fans about her looks and personality, then begins to believe the things some people are saying. Ellington reassures her that none of the hate is true.

Requested by: rydellington__

As Rydel reads through the comments on her latest photo of herself and Ellington she had posted, she couldn't help but have tears in her eyes.

@ihaterydel: your so fat n ugly, y do u even try?

@r5erforreal: ew ell deserves better than some blonde slut

@sayyoullstayross: quit showing off ur bf ur such a bitch

@soclicher5: ugh why do people even like you

@idekr5er: people like you deserve to die bc of how ugly they are like ew disgusting

Was she really that ugly? Rydel stands up and makes her way to the bathroom, looking into the mirror. She wasn't as pretty as she could be. She could present herself better. Wear less makeup. Maybe it wouldn't make her look like such a slut, like the fans said. They were right. She was ugly and she dressed like a slut. What reason did she deserve to live?

Ellington would probably be happy without me, Rydel thinks to herself, continuing to glance in the mirror. She knew she shouldn't fall back down this dark hole, but how could she not?

"Rydel, are you okay in there?" She hears Ellington's voice ask from outside the door, causing her to close her phone and stuff it in her pocket.

"I'm fine." Rydel replies shakily, turning away from the mirror. Before she knows it, Ellington opens the door, and puts his arms around her waist from behind, resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Something is obviously wrong. What's up, Del?" Ellington asks, kissing her cheek lightly.

"The fans are telling me some mean things that are all true." Rydel says, trying to keep the tears from returning to her eyes.

"What are they saying?" Ellington asks.

"They're saying I should stop showing you off, and that I should die. And that I'm ugly. It's all true." Rydel says, the tears almost escaping her eyes.

"Rydel Mary Lynch, none of that is true, alright? Listen up, and listen closely. You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. No matter how many models or celebrities that are more famous than us, or girls in magazine; You're still the most gorgeous in my eyes, and in many of the fans' eyes. Look at the positive side, alright? Everything about you is gorgeous. Your hair. Your eyes. Your laugh. Your smile. Your personality. Your voice. Just you in general, alright Rydel? You are perfect for not just me, but for thousands of our fans, your brothers, and most importantly yourself, alright?" Ellington says to Rydel, the truth showing in his eyes. He was being genuine.

"Thank you." Rydel says, feeling slightly better.

"It's no problem telling what's already true."

______________________________

Just a message to all of you people. You. Are. Gorgeous. You are perfect being who you want to be, not what others are or want you to be. Don't believe what others say about you; believe what you say about you. And sometimes, like Rydel in this story, you might need a little boost along the way. You are beautiful. I'm no talking looks. Everyone has a beautiful personality. Everyone is beautiful in their own individual ways. Someway, somehow, you are beautiful. You are perfect being yourself.