He'll Never Know

Rydel had invited Ellington over to hang out for the day. He was supposedly on his way. Three hours ago.

Rydel was worried, knowing Ellington lived only ten minutes away. She's been repeatedly calling him, trying to see if he's alright, all resulting in no one answering. She decided maybe she should go and check on him, but decided against it when her cell phone made a ping!

From: Cheryl

Rydel, it's Ellington. He was driving and someone ran a red light & hit him. Get to the hospital, quick. Bring your siblings.

As soon as Rydel finished reading the message, she was freaking out. A bunch of thoughts ran through her mind. Is he going to be ok? How badly hurt is he?

"Riker! Get everyone! Ellington is jn the hospital and we need to go now!" Rydel yells, knowing her older brother will handle the situation best.

Within five minutes, everyone is downstairs, making their way out the door.

The car ride was dead silent, Riker going slightly over the speed limit to get to the hospital quickly.

When they finally arrive, they all rush inside, and see Cheryl sitting in one of the waiting chairs in the lobby, crying.

"Cheryl! What's going on with Ellington?" Riker asks soothingly, going to comfort Cheryl.

"H-He's n-not okay." Cheryl stutters, bursting into tears all over again.

"What happened, Cheryl?" I ask, worried that something was wrong with Ellington.

"H-He's gone. He d-died as s-soon as p-paramedics a-arrived." She says quietly, stuttering her way through the sentence.

With her words, Rydel felt as if a weight has been dropped on top of her. She couldn't breathe, couldn't find enough strength to move. He couldn't be gone. It couldn't be true, could it? She felt
tears streaming down her face, and knew she was having a panic attack.

"Rydel, it's going to be okay." Riker says soothingly as all of her siblings pull her into a group hug.

"No, it's not Riker!" Rydel chokes out, barely understandable.

"We'll get through this Delly." Ross says, pulling her into another hug.

"No it won't! He'll never know..." Rydel mumbles, tears still streaming down her face.

"What won't he know, Rydel?" Riker asks soothingly, rubbing her back through his own tears.

"He'll never know how in love with him I am."

______________________________

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE VOTES ON THE FIRST SHORT STORY

Leave requests in the comments! Want a Part 2 of this one? Tell in the comments!

~Jessa