"Do you have a phone?" I asked. Of course, she did, it's the twenty-first century. She nodded her head and reached into the pocket of her blue-jean jacket for her phone. I handed her my phone. "I'll put my number in here in case you'd like to hang out or something."

Awkwardly, the cafeteria got quiet. I looked at Jo curiously, arching my brow in questioning and glanced around the building.

"You pervert! You leave her alone, jackass!" Someone screamed in anger.

Two boys were face-to-face, screaming at each other. One person I noticed was Derek Cage and the other, Baylor Parker. Baylor's back was faced towards me, shoulders tense.

I turned to Jo whose face was instantly filled with curiosity and her eyes were the size of saucers. "That's Baylor and Derek," I chirped, and turned my attention back to the two boys.

"You have no say-so over her, Baylor. I can have her if I want her," Derek smirked. Who is he talking about?

"Do not make me bust your head open, dick," Baylor growled. His hands were fisted by his side in anger.

"Adalynne, we're still on for tonight, right?" Derek said loud enough for me to hear at the back of the cafeteria. His eyes were glued to mine, and Baylor turned to look at me with the rest of the cafeteria, his eyes wide. I slouched on my stool, my heart beating rapidly in embarrassment of being the center of attention.

Baylor drew his fist, socking him right in the side of Derek's cheek. Some of Derek's friends ganged up on Baylor, punching him and trying to push him to the ground. Baylor overpowered all four of them, including Derek, in height. Baylor kicked a blow directly in one of the boy's stomach, sending him backwards.

I saw a couple guys by the name of Chase and Lane scurry over to the group of guys. They were throwing in hits as well. One could tell the two guys, Chase and Lane, were in Baylor's defense when Chase manhandled a blonde headed guy.

People were beginning to crowd around the group of boys. All I saw was Baylor's tall figure fall to the ground. He was trying to get up, but the guys who were against him were defeating him.

Jo looked at me speechlessly. I stood from my stool and ran to the crowd, pushing my way in. I pushed people out of my way, trying to get to Baylor as fast as I could.

Once I reached the front view, Baylor was lying on his side, blow after blow was being aimed at his ribs and stomach. Scrapes and bruises overcame his cheeks and his temple. His hair was disheveled.

"Stop!" I screamed. One of the guys stopped, peered up at me, and continued with his recent blows and kicks.

"I said stop!" I kicked him in his lower region, sending him clutching his groin area on the floor. I slapped the other one, his head turning with contact. I kicked him as well. That'll at least get them to leave me alone for a few minutes while I get Baylor out of here.

Before the principal came, I tried shaking him, so he'd answer me.

"Baylor," I shook his arm. He grunted.

"Baylor, c'mon, I have to get you out of here."

He tried pushing himself from the floor, only wincing straight after. I linked my arms around his torso, his hard stomach pushing against my hands.

"C'mon, you have to help me. I can't lift you," I encouraged him. I pulled and tugged on his upper body and finally he pushed himself from the floor. He looked like he was beaten in the head. He couldn't keep his eyes open, and I tried my best to keep him awake.

"Sorry," I mumbled as he hissed when my hand accidentally put too much pressure in his abdomen area.

"We have to take you to a hospital, you're nearly unconscious."