The machines whirred again. Every time, no matter how many adjustments he did, to the machine or to Taekwoon himself, the man would react badly, internally bleed, the machinery being too much for the organic parts inside him. Wonshik had since extracted the other's  kidney, liver, lungs and replaced them for a synthetic copy. Taekwoon was becoming less and less human, and Wonshik found himself having to avoid looking at the lifeless body, the blank eyes...dead.

Taekwoon's eyes opened as the machine whirred, Wonshik slowly dropping his hand as wide eyes stared in anticipation. It was the tenth time, yet every time the machines began to whirr, Wonshik's being felt of dizzy with anticipation.

He didn't bleed. His face didn't contort in horrendous pain. Taekwoon's eyes were tracking Wonshik's movements as the younger man ran over, almost tripping over his feet, his hands sliding up to cup Taekwoon's cheeks.

"Taekwoon?" Wonshik whispered, but the man's eyes stared at him.

"Are you in pain?" Wonshik gave a sorrowful smile. "Am I hurting you again?"

Taekwoon didn't answer, his eyelashes slanting down to Wonshik as the boy connected his lips to the android desperately, needing some kind of reaction, needed to spur the humanoid's past memories, quicken his beating heart. He pulled away, though Taekwoon's expression was no different and his lips barely moved. the younger latter grimaced.

"Talk to me." Wonshik said.

There was a spark and a sizzling sound, and Taekwoon's face began to contort in pain again and Wonshik inhaled sharply, scrambling over to the machine and pulling the lever down before something worse happened. He slumped against the panel as Taekwoon lifelessly slumped again, the other's fingers slipping from the handle as he put his head in his crossed arms, wretched sobs shaking his body. He'd never wanted warmth so much.

Failed again...

[ L12 ]

I can't... I can't I cant do it anymore.

[ L14 ]

Help me.

[ L15 ]

His phone buzzed with concerned texts from Hakyeon, Hongbin and Sanghyuk, who he hadn't seen in over five months now. He had told the trio to leave him alone, to let him grieve on his own, to let him 'try and recover' from Taekwoon's tragic death and had gone on a long trip away. Neither of them knew that Taekwoon was not buried in the ground but being preserved in Wonshik's laboratory that was usually reserved for making AI robots.

He couldn't tell them. He couldn't tell anyone. He couldn't trust anyone.

Considering what he was doing was considered illegal.

Wonshik slumped against his desk with a mug of coffee in his hand, bloodshot eyes overlooking where Taekwoon had been positioned again for the thirteenth time for the next take. He had taken almost everything out inside the man other than the brain and the heart. He needed the brain, but tried to keep the heart for sentimental purposes. That while Taekwoon might of died and been brought back to life with a body of bionics, he'd still have a beating heart.

He turned on the camera.

"Take fifteen." Wonshik said through exhausted lips.

He pulled the lever.

Wonshik's eyes slowly turned to look at Taekwoon, his head raised, eyes blinking up. The younger just gave a sorrowful smile as the android looked around like always, taking in his surroundings, only to land on it's somehow creator.