Chapter 18 : A Broken Man's Story

It was an especially crips day in  Oak Town . It had been  one month since Sabertooth's new team --The Wicked sisters-- had joined. Autumn was rolling in on  the first days of October, it was fresh and cool with all the dead leaves that started float around. Some members were more then excited  with the upcoming arrival of  Halloween.

Sting was currently eating his heart away. He stopped for a second when he almost choked on a bone. Rogue sighed in disapproval at his brother. 

He then looked to the side and saw Sierra half dead being comforted by Juvia and Levy. Persephone sat across from them shaking her head.

"Oi! Rogue what's up with her?" Sting asked swallowing the last of his food.

"It seems Sierra has been working none stop to get her rent money up" Rogue explained getting back to his book. She was always late for rent it came to no surprise. Sting shrugged then ran off into one of the guild brawls.

"Juvia didn't know that you had to pay rent for the housing" Juvia said as Sierra came back to life.

"Yeah, J 300.000 a month. It sucks me dry every time." Sierra cried out feeling her now empty pockets. "At least Nate gets to stay in his for free"

"You should have savings sister. You can't be some pennyless whore, who can't  break even." Persephone commented wrapping her staff back up with gauze.

"Shouldn't you be stabbing puppies right now. Instead of tormenting me" Sierra groaned , growling softly.

"No, maybe I should find Calum. I'm sure he'd love to see me." Persephone retorted winking at Sierra. She simply rolled her eyes and looked away, watching Sting beat down guild members.

"Persephone, I was wondering what does that gauze actually do?" Levy had seen her wrapping her staff multiple times in the last month but never knew why.

"This staff now carries some of my magic power. Like Juvia said when we met, it is made of absorbent wood. For example look" Persephone then shoot out a small lighting bolt which caught some poor guild member " I didn't use my own magic power to do that. The staff holds its own small reserve but can leak out."

"Oh so the gauze is a binding material so that you don't lose any power. That's cool" Levy finished with a snap of her fingers.

"Precisely, it also concentrates each element that I use." Persephone caressed her staff lovingly.

Jordie walked into the guild hall silently trying not to be noticed. Sierra spotted him from afar and shouted his name. "Jordie!! Come sit  over here!"

Jordie sighed should have known better. He walked over to her table taking a seat near the end.  He waved awkwardly to the table.

"You know you're really tall" Levy said drinking her water. 

"Y-yeah I guess" Jordie stuttered at the sudden statement. They'd known each other for what --a month-- and it was now that she decided to say that.

"Like Zayn tall, it's cool" Levy stated, she always wanted to say that,  because he was really tall, not just because she was somewhat short.

"No one is as tall as Zayn" Persephone added sharply in a defensive tone." Rogue perhaps..."

Said man, grunted at the sound of his name as Levy giggled. "I suppose so"

Sting came flopping back down in his seat. He had just successfully beat Orga in a fight and was exhausted.

"Sting shouldn't be getting into fights so early in the morning" Juvia said crossing her arms playfully.