Chapter Three - Let Go

Start from the beginning

I’d catch this S.O.B if it was the last thing I do. And on that note, I took a seat off to the side and did all my ‘homework’, since only Carly knew who I was. I couldn’t get out of it, but I knew all of it because of Mark.

“Speak of the devil,” I muttered when the Irish stepped through the door. Carly looked at him and smiled. I rolled my eyes. I stood. “Sorry Morrison, but Carly’s…uncle, my dad, is here to pick her up. “ Mark nodded at Morrison, who nodded back.

I walked over to Carly and she grabbed her stuff. She whispered in my ear. “Is this him?” I rolled my eyes but nodded. “Bye Alexandra! See you later Mr. Morrison!” She stood by the door while Mark talked to me.

“Dad, really, could you not lie?” He whispered as he gave me a hug.

I giggled. “Well, you know,” I smirked and shrugged my shoulders. His eyes shined with amusement and I knew I would have to involve him somehow. Mark would be seen, so he had to set his presence and identity.

Mark ruffled my hair, I scrunched my face up. “See you, munchkin’!”

I patted my messed up hair and waved. “Be careful!” I warned, dead serious. Mark mocked me but he knew I was worried. He smiled once more and shut the door. He walked away with Carly by his side. He arm was around her shoulders, keeping up his part.

A throat cleared. “Uh-hmm,” I jumped in surprise. I clapped a hand over my racing heart, trying to calm its fast beating.  He smirked, clearly pleased. “If you’re done,” he gestured to my seat. “Sit. You have fifty minutes left.”

I frowned. “What’s your problem? You don’t know me! It’s my first day!”

“Just sit,” Morrison sighed and ran his hand through his hair. I obeyed, plumping my butt in the seat. What crawled up his butt? “Same rules apply! No cell phones.” He opened his closet door that I just noticed and flicked the light switch. I rubbed my hands over my face, just fifty more minutes of this.

Morrison came back into the room, papers in his hand. He walked over to the filing cabinet and unlocked it. My eyes traveled down to his lower backside before I could prevent it. I quickly looked away. He’s my teacher, and I’m undercover! I can’t get distracted; someone’s life was at stake.

“Are you okay?” Morrison asked from the closet. He poked his head out from the light room and looked at me. “That’s the eighth time you’ve sighed.”

Puzzled, I frowned. Was it? Was I? No, I wasn’t okay. I got three hours of sleep last night, but I’m used to. FBI agents have horrible sleep habits and even messier eating habits. The case was weighting on my shoulders and I’m here, at school, in Morrison’s classroom while I could be getting the guy who made the threat.

“Alexandra!”

I shook my head, clearing my thoughts. Morrison’s hand waved in my face.

I looked up at him. “Huh?”

He frowned deeply. “What’s wrong?” His voice was gentler, caring. I almost snorted at the idea. Morrison doesn’t care.