Chapter 11- Getting Worse

*Not Edited*
______________________

Evie POV

I slept on the chair with Mal, which conveniently turned into a small bed. I woke up once, because Mal sitting up in her bed. She didn't notice I was watching, so I stayed quiet.

Mal slowly got up, open the door, and walked out. I followed her until she was in front of the Beast Statue, just staring at it. I tried to get her to stop, but she didn't seem to notice me. She just stared at the statue and didn't do anything else.

I noticed that her eyes were different, one being green and the other red. I looked at the statue and back at Mal, waiting for any sort of movement. She quickly turned to me, startling me, and muttered something. She kept repeating it, each time getting a little louder.

"Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos," that was all she said. I quickly covered her mouth with my hand, which muffled what she was saying. She kept saying, which became muffled yelling, but I kept my hand on her mouth.

She started to struggle and shake, I tried to calm her down. She bit my arm, and I let her go. Mal pushed me the the ground, her eyes glowed brighter, and I didn't know what to do.

Right when Mal was about to attack me, she collapsed. I looked at her and to the statue, unsure what happened. I slightly poked her with my foot, making sure she wasn't awake. She was completely asleep, as if she wasn't awake at all.

I struggled getting her awake, but she wouldn't wake up. I quietly dragged her, by her hands, back to the nurses building. It was a struggle but I managed to get her back in bed.

When I woke up again in the morning, she was still asleep. I looked at my arm and saw Mal's bite mark. It wasn't bleeding much, but it still hurt.

I texted Ben, Jay, and Carlos about what happened, about her chanting some sort of spell in front of the castle. They came along with Jane, Audrey, Doug, Lonnie, and Chad, and also brought me a blueberry muffin.

"It's like she's a robot," I explained, "Given some sort of command that only she can hear."

"Well, what can we do?" Lonnie asked. We were quiet, thinking of why this was happening, when Mal rubbed her eyes and sat up. When she looked around, she looked confused.

Audrey POV

"Why are you all staring at me?" Mal asked.

"Evie texted us and said that you woke up in the middle of the night and were in some sort of trance." I said.

"You woke up and walked to the Beast statue, just staring at it." She explained. "Then you muttered some sort of spell, getting louder every time you said it. You bit me when I tried to get you to stop." Evie pulled up her sleeve from her jacket sleeve and we all saw the bite. "When you were about to attack me, you just collapsed. I tried to wake you, but you didn't. So I then dragged you back in here."

"I don't remember any of that, but if that was me, then I'm sorry." The bell rang, which meant we had a few minutes to get to class.

"We'll come back after school." Ben said. "Hopefully you'll be better by than."

We all walked out, and Mal and Ben shared a small kiss.

Mal POV

I was alone in my room, feeling a little bored. Evie brought me my laptop and books, but I wasn't in the mood to do either. I than heard flapping and looked out the window. I saw my dad, and quickly opened the window. He flew in, turned into a man, and sat on my bed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came to see you. Can you the same question?"

"After our little project, I fainted. My friends told me I've been doing strange things."