Chapter 14- Preparing For The Day of Black Sun

*Not Edited*
_______________________

Carlos POV

It was the next morning and Mal got worse overnight. I woke to a clanking, and saw Mal banging her cuffs against the wall. She didn't notice me, but was too focused on trying to break free. Evie and Jay woke up and saw what Mal was doing.

We slowly went over to the door, when the opened and someone pulled us back. Mal saw this and tries to grab us. The door closed before she could. We saw Ben and Diavol walking to the outer door.

"We have news." Ben told us, as soon as we all made it outside. "The eclipse will happen today, so we'll have to keep a close eye on her."

"I did some research and found out that the tree is only part of releasing the Black Death." Diavol explained. "There's another gateway that'll free him, which means that both will have to be opened at the same time for him to be free."

"Which means she has to be at two places at one." Jay pointed out.

"That is correct." Diavol answered.

"Which means that the prophecy won't come true!" I said with a smile.

"Not exactly. Since she at her most powerful, iron won't stop her this time."

Evie POV

"So it can still come true?" I asked.

"Possibly, because she still has to opened them both at the same time and we have to know where the other gateway is."

We were all quiet and we noticed that Dude was trying to get out off Carlos's arms. He let him down and he to get our attention.

"He wants us to follow him." Carlos told us. We all followed Dude until he made it to the Beast statue.

"What's so important about the statue?" Jay asked

"Think about it." I said, remembering the night when she bit me. "When Mal woke up in the middle of the night, she always came to the statue. She kept on repeating a spell, and then collapsed."

Dude started to dig through the bushes, making a pile of dirt. When he stopped, there was a red glow. We all move the branches away and saw a red glowing crystal.

"Now we know where the key is." Jay muttered.

"We'll need a plan." Ben said, quickly covering the dirt. "We'll split into teams. One will guard the statue, and the tree in the Moors."

"Diavol and I can go to the Moors, while Jay, Carlos and Ben can stay here." I said

"What about us?" A voice called out. We all turned around, and saw Audrey, Jane, Chad, Lonnie and Doug.

"What are you doing here?" Ben asked.

"We heard about Mal, and we want to help." Audrey answered.

"Okay, the more help we get the better. Doug, Carlos and Jane can go guard the dungeon entrance. Evie, Diavol and I can go guard the Moors. Audrey, Jay, and Lonnie can stay here." He explained

"We have less than an hour or so until the eclipse starts." Doug said as he looked at his watch.

"We should get ready." Diavol explained. "We're about to face Mal like never before."

Ben POV

We all gathered our weapons we kept hidden in our rooms. Most of the students at Auradon Prep had classes to learn how to fight, in case of an emergency.

I had a sword, Audrey had a dagger, Doug had a pick ax and chemicals in his bag, Jane had her wand, Chad had his shield and sword, and Lonnie had a sword and bow and arrows. We met up at the front of the school, where everyone else was waiting.

"In case this doesn't go well," I said, getting everyone's. "I just want you all to know that you are all very great friends."

"Thanks," Jay said. "If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have the chance to show the goodness in us."

"Let's do this." I placed my hand in the middle of our group circle. Everyone placed their hands on top of mine, but I saw that Diavol standing away. "You too." He came over and placed his hand on top of the pile. "For Mal?"

"For Mal."
_______________________
A/N: the title is loosely based on a few episodes of the episodes in Avatar: The Last Airbender in book 3, I OWN NOTHING OF THAT.

Thanks for reading! 🌹❤️🔮✨🦄🐉💫