Chapter 32

I put on a pair I high wasted denim shorts and a crop top. It showed off the tan I had gotten during the weeks I had spend on the west coast.

We were still on break after the tour in Australia and New Zealand, so when the AMAs was over, we had decided to stay for a little while in California.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked as Harry and I joined the boys for breakfast in the hotel restaurant.

Our hands were entwined and we didn't really want to let go of each other, but we had to if we wanted to eat.

"Relax," Niall said as if that wasn't the only thing we had done for the past couple of weeks. He pierced a sausage with his fork as I sighed.

The boys' idea of relaxing was playing video games, and they wanted to play FIFA. Again.

That seemed to be the only game they ever wanted to play. Except for the few times when they wanted to play Call of Duty.

"Really?" I said and arched my eyebrows. "We have a few more days in Cali and you want to spend them with your X-Box?"

"What do you want to do then?" Liam offered and I shrugged.

"Suck some sun by the pool or at the beach, play some volleyball, have a cold beer in the setting sun..." I said and trailed off as the boys seemed to enjoy the idea of doing just that.

"Seems like a good idea," Zayn said and the others nodded. "I'm in."

"Me too," the rest of them said in unison and I flashed a satisfied smile for winning he battle, even if it wasn't really a battle.

After breakfast we grabbed our stuff and headed for the beach. It was a long-stretched and crowded thing, but the sand was soft and the water was clear. The temperature was just perfect as the boys and I spread our towels near the water and plopped down to suck some sun.

"Harry, can you put sunscreen on my back?" I asked and retrieved a bottle of Banana Boat sunscreen from my bag, just as Harry made himself comfortable next to me. He shook his head lazily. "What, are you fucking kidding me?" I added and rolled my eyes when he refused to get up. "I'd do it for you, man. Come on."

"I'll do it, babe," Niall offered and took the Banana Boat bottle from my hand.

"Thank you," I said and glared at Harry. "He's a better boyfriend than you."

"Yeah, yeah," Harry mumbled and adjusted his Ray Ban's. "I'll do it the next time."

"The next time is too late. If Niall hadn't been here to be the better boyfriend, I would have gotten a nasty sunburn before you even got around to do it," I whined and the boys laughed as Niall gently massaged the sunscreen into my skin. "He's even giving me a back rub while doing it... Man, you are so perfect."

"I know," Niall simply said and the boys laughed again.

"Remind me again why I'm not dating you."

"Because you chose Harry."

"A mistake I'll never be able to undo," I teased and grinned as Harry removed his sunglasses and gave me a look of terror.

"Don't say that," he exclaimed and I shrugged. "Take it back."

"What?" I challenged and shrugged. "I made a mistake."

"It's not funny," Harry said, and I gave in because he almost seemed on the verge of tears.

"I know, I'm sorry, babe," I said and leaned over to peck his lips. "I didn't make a mistake by dating you. You're the best. Just not the best at helping me with the sunscreen..."