Chapter 6

"I don't think there are going to be many rules on the tour bus," Harry said as he and Zayn carried my suitcases into the mobile home. "Clean up after yourself -"

"Of course," I interrupted, and then closed my mouth and raised my eyebrows as he continued.

"- naked at all times, get up at 9.30 - maybe 10 - and only one glass of milk before bed."

"In your dreams, Styles," I giggled as he dropped my bag on the floor.

"Am I never going to see you naked?" he whined as if that was something he had wanted his entire life, and I shrugged.

Niall, Louis and Liam were eyeing the conversation from the couch in front of the TV. They were all anticipating my answer and I wanted to make it a good one. 

"I'm not planning on it, but since we're gonna live together you may accidentally walk in on me in the shower or something. So... who knows?" I teased and Harry made a face as I turned to the others. "Anything else I need to remember? Other than what Harry just mentioned..."

"What happens on the tour bus, stays on the tour bus," Zayn said and I nodded.

"Fair enough. Now, where do I sleep?"

"You can have the junk bunk," Niall instantly said and I raised my eyebrows.

"The what?"

"The junk bunk," Liam said in his serious matter and cleared his throat to come with a definition. "It's the extra bunk bed we usually just throw things on when we don't have anywhere else to put it."

"How nice of you to give me the junk bunk," I giggled and dropped down on the couch next to Louis. "But I'll take it. It's better than a cot on the floor."

The boys laughed. Apparently I was funny to them because they laughed a whole lot of my comments. And I liked that because their laughter was adorable to listen to, especially Niall's, and it was very contagious.

"Did you have time to pack and say your goodbyes?" Louis said as Harry rummaged around in the kitchen, and I scrunched my eyebrows.

"Not really, but I did the best that I could," I said and gestured to the suitcases Harry and Zayn had left in the middle of the bus. "I've probably forgotten just about everything I need because I was too preoccupied saying goodbye to people."

"I can never be bothered with packing a suitcase," Zayn commented and gestured to the others. "I just nick all these boys' clothes."

"I may have to do that as well, considering I've probably forgotten everything."

I was just joking about borrowing the boys' clothes, but it actually seemed like they wouldn't mind me wearing their stuff. Which could come in handy considering I probably had forgotten about half the things I needed.

"Did you have a lot of people over last night?" Harry asked as he was preparing something edible that smelled lovely.

"Yeah, all of my closest friends. And my mom and brothers," I said and laughed as I thought about Mike and Jonah's last words. "My brothers told me to tell you that you ought to treat me right, by the way. Or they'll 'come after you'."

I made the air quotes because I had never actually seen my brothers come after anyone. They pretended to be badass sometimes, but they were really quite tame.

"We'll treat you like the princess you are," Liam said seriously and I smiled because it was too cute. "Tell your brothers not to worry."

"I will, but they'll worry still. They're quite protective of me."

"Tell them that I can be your substitute protector," Zayn said and I giggled.

"Zayn's the protective guy," Harry explained as he joined us on the couch while whatever he was making was cooking in the kitchen. "Especially when it comes to Niall."

"Niall needs some extra protection," Zayn added and everyone looked to the blonde Irishman.

Niall just blinked at us because he hadn't been following the conversation and had no clue as to why we were all looking at him. He seemed interested of why we were looking for only a second, but then he decided that he wanted the answer of something else instead.

"When's the food ready?"

"In a minute," Harry said and returned to his cooking.

"Good, I'm hungry."

"When are you not hungry?" Louis mocked and Niall grinned.

"Niall is always hungry because he has an angel eating inside of him," Liam said and I died because of his cuteness when he continued. "That's why he sings like one."

"You guys are too cute. How am I gonna survive all the cuteness for so long?"

"It'll be hard, but you'll live," Louis said dramatically as Harry announced that lunch was ready.

Everyone got up from the couch and took a seat around the table that was clearly not meant for six people. It was very crowded, but we managed except for the one time when Liam accidentally jabbed Niall in the ribs so that he spilled water everywhere.

Harry had made fajitas and it may have been the best meal I had ever had. I devoured about four by the time the boys had had two. Niall seemed a bit threatened, as if I was taking his spot as the big eater, so he started eating faster when he realized how many I had had.

"What now?" I said when we had finished eating.

"We can play some FIFA?" Niall offered and I shook my head.

"No, I mean, what now?" I insisted and the boys looked at me with blank face expressions, apparently not knowing what I wanted the answer to be. "Where are we going? And what's our plan for the future?"

"We're heading down to Florida, and on the way we'll write our song," Liam said and I nodded.

Just as I was about to ask when we were to start the long drive, a middle-aged man entered the bus and was quickly introduced as Don, the driver. It was the second time the boys had connected the man's first name to the title 'driver' and from that moment on, that became his name in my world. To me, he was and would always be Don the Driver.